Koodo Community
Question

Do i have to get a contract?

• 26 April 2013
  • 9 replies

Hey! I am looking into switching to Koodo...my Iphone 4G is locked to rogers and the back glass part is all shattered. It still works perfectly fine as long as i have a case on it. My questions are : 1) would it just be easier to buy a new iphone 4G from koodo? 2) can i do that without going on a contartact? 3) If i got it, can i just get a Talk and Text plan? I don't want a data plan. 4) What is Tab?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
1. The iphone 4 is $250 before the tab. For an apple product, that's pretty good 2. You definately get activated with no contract on an iphone 3. As long as you are NOT choosing a contract for the iphone, you can choose any plan you like. 4. The tab is a system to allows customer to save money for up front purchases. Assuming a credit check goes well, Koodo will be able to cover up to $150 off the cost of any phone you choose. For the iphone 4, it would end up being $100 after the tab. (not too shabby) Each month, Koodo calculates 10% of your bill before tax and applies it to the tab to help pay it off.
1. The iphone 4 is $250 before the tab. For an apple product, that's pretty good 2. You defina...Thank you! Do you think it would make more sense to keep using my old one and just get a new plan, or get the phone and plan together?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. The iphone 4 is $250 before the tab. For an apple product, that's pretty good 2. You defina...It depends on what you want, Emmaan, it's your money 😃 There are three options: - Use your own phone, and request a 10% discount on your plan - Use your own phone, and start building a positive Tab towards your future phone, or - Use the Tab to purchase a phone with your plan (provided your credit check allows for that) 🙂
1. The iphone 4 is $250 before the tab. For an apple product, that's pretty good 2. You defina...what do you mean start building a tab? how do i do that? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. The iphone 4 is $250 before the tab. For an apple product, that's pretty good 2. You defina...When you take a plan, let's say the $45 plan, you can either pay the full $45 and then $4.50 (10%) each month is used to pay for your phone. If you don't want that, you can ask Koodo for a 10% discount, so you only pay $40.50 each month... but then you'd have to purchase your phones outright 🙂
Userlevel 7
Just to let you know there is no such thing as an iPhone 4G... it's just the 4, 4S, or 5. 4G would refer to the network type, which is actually called LTE, an evolution of HSPA/HSPA+ that Telus/Koodo use.
Just to let you know there is no such thing as an iPhone 4G... it's just the 4, 4S, or 5. 4G woul...oops lol thanks... I meant fourth generation like the rogers dude told me!
Userlevel 5
Just to let you know there is no such thing as an iPhone 4G... it's just the 4, 4S, or 5. 4G woul...uhh he makes it sound like an ipod touch. its actually iPhone 4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, CONSIDERING you would have to pay around 50$ to unlock your phone, I'd say you go and buy Koodo's one and then life hapily ever after with a new phone + warranty + CASE!!