Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I have to change plan if I buy iphone6?

I will be buying the new iphone. Do I have to switch to other plan if I buy the iphone from koodo or apple store? If not will there be some additional fees for upgrading my phone?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In either case you won't have to change your plan, Navi 🙂 If you buy it from Koodo you can probably get it on Tab S or Tab M (if your current plan is more than $30). If you buy it from the Apple store, just activate and insert your SIM card and you're good to go 🙂
Thank you Sophia! My plan is above 30$, and I want to buy it outright. One more question, Will the iphone be available tomorrow at any koodo store?And can I buy from Bestbuy or other store with my existing koodo plan. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Navi wrote:

Thank you Sophia! My plan is above 30$, and I want to buy it outright. One more question, Will th...

No one knows. Koodo has not given any official word. Yes you should be able to buy from a thrid party retailer with your existing plan. The only time you need to change plans is if you go for a Tab Large. Also, if you buy from a 3rd party retailer, they may make your pay off your current tab (if you have one) and then buy the phone on a new tab as they may bot allow you to just buy the phone outright
Userlevel 7
Navi wrote:

Thank you Sophia! My plan is above 30$, and I want to buy it outright. One more question, Will th...

Actually I doubt Best Buy/Future shop will allow him to upgrade. iPhone launches at retailers like Best Buy and Futureshop are usually exclusive to new activation. Called ahead ANYWHERE you go.
Userlevel 5
Navi wrote:

If you are planning to buy it outright and you are going to use a Tab S/Tab M plan and your current Tab is 0 or positive, you can apply for a 10% BYOD discount off of your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Navi wrote:

You are prolly right Ahmad. Scummy practice though
Navi wrote:

Thank you guys. I have Nexus 4 which I bought outright from Koodo and got the 10% discount. On Best Buy and Future Shop websites I see that iphone 6 is available for 2 year contract only. So I think only option is Apple store or wait for Koodo.