Koodo Community
Solved

Disgusted

• 13 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm new to Koodo and would never have switched from Bell (a customer for many year so) and Bell always answered my queries. I've tried SEVERAL times to contact a LIVE person as the computer is useless, get so frustrated asking questions without any luck. I have three different queries if Anyone from Koodo would kindly return my calls. I'm soon going to cancel and back with Bell. I had heard a lot of positive things about Koodo but I realize I should have did my own queries re their service etc. Poor company to deal with. I will wait a day to see if I can get a person to return my calls rather wasteful virtual assistant. Might be better if I posted to FACEBOOK SO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS do not make the same mistake as me.
icon

Best answer by David AKU 13 December 2018, 17:10

1. so you were gifted 1000 minute long distance plan? You will need to contact Koodo to see if they will give you something else instead.
  2. you can print your PDF invoice, and use at the bank. Koodo does not mail paper bills. It allows them to keep their prices low.
  3. depending on the choice of phone, it may be backordered to the manufacturer. Huawei, is one phone with such a backlog.
  4. you need to follow the Refer a friend process exactly. It cannot be added after the fact.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great answers by David and Dinh.

I'm curious about the first question.
How did you end up with the 1000 long distance minutes? What were you speaking with the agent about when this was "found"?
Unlike the big 3, koodo is less likely to wheel and deal the 1000 long distance minutes that was just found.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. 1000 minutes bonus is for certain countries like India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan. It is not for every countries. If you call those countries, you won't be charged Long distance, but your minutes (500 minutes - I assumed this is your plan allotment) would be used. if you exceed 500 minutes, you would have to pay normal overage for those extra. If you want unlimited, I think you need to pay $5 more.

3.When did you order the second one, they posted a delay of 5-7 business days in their webstore. You could also check your online order using this tool https://shop.koodomobile.com/checkout/order/orderSearch.jsp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. so you were gifted 1000 minute long distance plan? You will need to contact Koodo to see if they will give you something else instead.
  2. you can print your PDF invoice, and use at the bank. Koodo does not mail paper bills. It allows them to keep their prices low.
  3. depending on the choice of phone, it may be backordered to the manufacturer. Huawei, is one phone with such a backlog.
  4. you need to follow the Refer a friend process exactly. It cannot be added after the fact.
First question asked a couple of days after receiving Koodo phone - the agent told me he had found an additional 1000 mins for me. It was explained nor did I think to ask but I assumed the 45$ was plenty. Upon researching on Koodo re the extra mins found out it was basically international which I would have refused. Being a new customer I requested if Koodo would give me unlimited mins in lieu of 500 mins for the misunderstanding - no reply.

Second - I payALL my bills at local bank and wanted paper bill so I could continue bank payment - no luck until just finding question and answer. BUT preference is still paper copy.

Third - there was a second order placed the day following my signing up with Koodo but my spouse still has not heard or received his cell phone from Koodo.

Fourth - The $50 for friend signing up given by Koodo - can that be applied to my account?

thank you for the prompt response
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can ask your queries here and we can answer them or point you in the right direction to get you your answers.

Koodo is mainly a self service company so that's why it's harder to "call in" for questions.