Koodo Community
Question

Did you receive Alert Ready Notification?

Did you receive it? I only recieved it on my Cable TV. I’m in Ontario.

69 replies

No Alert ,, my dog and I could have been dead by now because the emergency alert doesn’t work,,, #saveChappy fix the Alert

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situations is exactly why these tests are performed. A resolution is being worked on as we speak, stay tuned. More details: www.alertready.ca/#alerts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope never recived anything on any of my devices I'm in Ontario
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....You need to give them some time to investigate.  I recommend following them on twitter

Update: It worked but it woke me up (iPhone 6S, on latest version and everything. I was even on WIFI Calling). I honestly forgot to screenshot the message but someone else posted it on Twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worked on every android device I have running right now even ones connected to wifi only [img]h...Worked on my iPhone as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, I haven't. I am in BC
Userlevel 1
I also received nothing on my iPhone 7.
Userlevel 1
Nope but CBC is reporting that a coding glitch prevented the alert from going out in Quebec.
Ontario here, no alert

Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue. It worked well for Rogers and there networks, but seems like a issue with Telus/Bell and their babies. But not to forget, there will be another test like this in September.
Userlevel 1
Hope it's fixed before there's a genuine issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situ...https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/05/07/koodo-public-emergency-alert-issue-ontario/
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situ...Thanks, Dennis. I completely missed the article even though I follow them on social media.
No alert iPhone 7 Ontario
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just got one here in BC on my OnePlus 5.Oh this is gonna make the news again. Another screw up.  This time with the date lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just received the Alert test notification, on 3 devices actually 🙂 I am in BC.
Just got it too.  This time all in English, unlike the one yesterday, which was bilingual.  (I posted a screen shot yesterday in this thread)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just received the Alert test notification, on 3 devices actually 🙂 I am in BC.
Yes
https://www.alertready.ca/#alerts

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worked on every android device I have running right now even ones connected to wifi only

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ontario, in a room with 120 people.... 2 phones sounded alert on the test day. If the phone is on silent (which i suspect most would be in a room of 120 people), then you will only get the notification on no alert sound.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, I haven't. I am in BC@Dinh BC hasn't been tested yet.  Currently scheduled for May 9th at 1:55 PM.
No, I haven't. I am in BCI'm in Ontario on an S8 and received it as a push notification on my weather app. Unfortunatly there was no audio signal or vibration. Waited until my cable alert went off and the checked my phone. Saw the alert icon on the Weather Network app and had to open it to read. For all I knew the icon could have been a weather advisory and not an Alert notification.
No, I haven't. I am in BCNo alert here Nova Scotia on lg g6
Was one on t.v. nothing on my g6
No, I haven't. I am in BCThe alert was suppose to go off in Alberta and Saskatchewan today at 1:55pm. My phone number is Saskatchewan but I am currently in Alberta. I heard some phones go off while I was shopping but my phone did not!
No, I haven't. I am in BCMy understanding was that the "base" for your phone number is irrelevent. It matters your location. An alert for a disaster in Alberta would not be sent to you if you were visiting someone in Nova Scotia as you are not in the path of the danger.