Koodo Community
Question

Did you receive Alert Ready Notification?

Show first post

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...$7 for 3MB?  Are you roaming?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...Probably just has used 3 MB of the first overage bucket.
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...Just looked data roaming is off all I did was turn off wifi and turn on data to see if i was on a g3 od g4 for the alert I didnt get and open a website about the alert with data . The site used 3mbs of data and I am getting billed $7 for opening a website
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...Or is it the additional data $7/100 mb If so thats not bad if I use the 100 mbs Am I being billed $7 for 3 mbs or did I just pay the $7 100mbs and only uses 3 mbs of it so far ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...Did your plan not come with data to begin with?
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...No its pay as i go So just trying to find out if i just paid for 100 mbs total or was the $7 for jsut the 3 mbs
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I see that now . Turn data on to see if that was why I didn't get it now Koodo is billing me...If your overage rate is $7 /MB then you just paid for 100MB.

No. When I put it on I did open a website that was all . Guess the site loading was 3 mbs . I turnd off wifi in my home and open a website
Update: It worked but it woke me up (iPhone 6S, on latest version and everything. I was even on WIFI Calling). I honestly forgot to screenshot the message but someone else posted it on Twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worked on every android device I have running right now even ones connected to wifi only

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worked on every android device I have running right now even ones connected to wifi only [img]h...Worked on my iPhone as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worked on every android device I have running right now even ones connected to wifi only [img]h...Did you get the same alert in QC,@Robert?
Userlevel 1
Have received nothing.  I thought there were issues with Koodo's alert system.  Never received the test last week and nothing for this amber alert.
The Amber Alerts are really area specific. PROBABLY did not includ outside of Ontario.
Ontario, in a room with 120 people.... 2 phones sounded alert on the test day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ontario, in a room with 120 people.... 2 phones sounded alert on the test day. If the phone is on silent (which i suspect most would be in a room of 120 people), then you will only get the notification on no alert sound.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ontario, in a room with 120 people.... 2 phones sounded alert on the test day. There's also only so many compatible phones. Here is the link for phones tested to work, with Koodo saying otherwise you'll need to speak with the manufacturer to ensure that they will work:
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/wireless-public-alerting-compatible-devices

From what I see you have to have data on to get it .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From what I see you have to have data on to get it .This would be correct.