Koodo Community
Question

Did you receive Alert Ready Notification?

Did you receive it? I only recieved it on my Cable TV. I’m in Ontario.

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope never recived anything on any of my devices I'm in Ontario
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, I haven't. I am in BC
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, I haven't. I am in BC@Dinh BC hasn't been tested yet.  Currently scheduled for May 9th at 1:55 PM.
No, I haven't. I am in BCI'm in Ontario on an S8 and received it as a push notification on my weather app. Unfortunatly there was no audio signal or vibration. Waited until my cable alert went off and the checked my phone. Saw the alert icon on the Weather Network app and had to open it to read. For all I knew the icon could have been a weather advisory and not an Alert notification.
No, I haven't. I am in BCNo alert here Nova Scotia on lg g6
Was one on t.v. nothing on my g6
No, I haven't. I am in BCThe alert was suppose to go off in Alberta and Saskatchewan today at 1:55pm. My phone number is Saskatchewan but I am currently in Alberta. I heard some phones go off while I was shopping but my phone did not!
No, I haven't. I am in BCMy understanding was that the "base" for your phone number is irrelevent. It matters your location. An alert for a disaster in Alberta would not be sent to you if you were visiting someone in Nova Scotia as you are not in the path of the danger.
No, I haven't. I am in BCShould have read your comment closer. If the test was for both provinces your phone should have triggered. Sorry. Will read closer next time.
Userlevel 1
No, I haven't. I am in BCI'm in Ontario, did not then and still haven't received any alert on my S7
No, I haven't. I am in BCJust recd Amber Alert in Ontario. Came thru as a text and not as a push msg from Weather Network app. Hope the OPP find the child and mother safe.
Userlevel 1
I also received nothing on my iPhone 7.
I personally believe that it was due to my iPhone being on VoLTE. Since yesterday I have been having issues. I can’t send MMS or get data, but as soon as I switch down to “data only” everything works. Can someone report this issue?
Userlevel 1
Nope but CBC is reporting that a coding glitch prevented the alert from going out in Quebec.
Ontario here, no alert

LTE has been slacking for me for a few days and doing weird stuff, lmao. Currently only getting a one bar of 3G on Koodo, lol.
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue. It worked well for Rogers and there networks, but seems like a issue with Telus/Bell and their babies. But not to forget, there will be another test like this in September.
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....Is Koodo going to give us some information on this and why it seems it didn’t work. Everyone I know in Ontario on Koodo did not receive the test
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....You need to give them some time to investigate.  I recommend following them on twitter

Badge +4
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....It was more than just Koodo users that didnt receive the alerts. 
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....No alert on my LG6 today 😞
Update: Seems like that there is consensus on Twitter regarding this issue being a carrier issue....Nothing here lg g6 too
Userlevel 1
Hope it's fixed before there's a genuine issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situations is exactly why these tests are performed. A resolution is being worked on as we speak, stay tuned. More details: www.alertready.ca/#alerts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situ...This is why we have tests.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/emergency-system-fails-first-test-in-quebec-hit-and-miss-in-ontario-...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Emergency alert issue is currently being investigated. Ensuring that we avoid these situ...https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/05/07/koodo-public-emergency-alert-issue-ontario/