Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Device upgrading.

I wanted to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the 5s, but am not sure if my balance needs to be at $0. My payment is not due until the end of the month so I was wondering if I had to pay that off before I can switch phones.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a tab Balance you will need to pay that off before you can get another phone on a Tab. You can pay off your phone via kiosk or self serve and it will be charged to your next bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you need to pay the remaining balance (if negative) in order to use the Tab and upgrade the phone! If not, you would need to buy the phone at full retail price!
Userlevel 3
Your tab balance will be billed through an invoice. If you get the 5s on a medium tab you'd have to pay $425 out of pocket plus taxes. The plan will stay the same except a $5 tab charge would be added to your monthly bill to ensure your phone would be payed in 2 years or less.
Edit: I have a positive tab balance of $150, so that is not the problem. What I was wondering is if my actual service balance needs to be at zero. As in my monthly charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kirsten wrote:

Edit: I have a positive tab balance of $150, so that is not the problem. What I was wondering is ...

Do you mean you are past due on your bill? Or are you saying your bill just hasnt arrived yet?
Kirsten wrote:

Edit: I have a positive tab balance of $150, so that is not the problem. What I was wondering is ...

I'm not past due, it's not due till the 31, but I wanted to get the phone on the weekend and needed to know if my bill needed to be paid before hand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kirsten wrote:

Nope. you are good to go whenever you want to buy your phone 🙂 You will love the iphone 5S. It's a huge improvement on the 4
Userlevel 3
Kirsten wrote:

you'd only pay $275 out of pocket for the phone. Your balance is current so you don't need to pay the bill until the due date. So you can hop down to the store at anytime. I'd suggest calling them in advance to see if they have any iphone 5s in stock since the demand is really high.