Koodo Community

Community

Question

Desperately need to get a hold of customer service.

I went in store today to switch plans to the $60 for 10gb data plan. To do this I have to cancel my old phone number by calling customer service but I can’t get through. I need to do this before the 21st because that is when my plan will restart and I do not and will not be paying for two phone plans at the same time. Can anyone at Koodo help me move this along please. This is getting ridiculous and I’m not pleased at all. Can anyone offer advice

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there! Are you ok giving up your old number? If yes, go to the store and get a new line with the promotional plan... Then to cancel the other number you definitely have to call Customer Service, hopefully the 21st it will be easier to speak to them since promo plan ends on 19th and that's why everyone is calling about!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/18/support-lines-go-quiet-due-to-massive-response-to-6010gb-promotions-from-canadian-carriers/ It's happening across all carriers. You best bet is to sign up as a new customer at a kiosk or to sign up with a new provider
I’ve already given up my number, my issue now is trying to cancel my old number. I don’t want to be charged for two plans at the same time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Caitlin wrote:

I’ve already given up my number, my issue now is trying to cancel my old number. I don’t want to ...

Why don't you port your number over to the new line? This will cancel your account automatically.