Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Dead Phone

IPhone 4 has completely died. I will need to get a new phone, was thinking of getting the 5C but want all my photos and music to go on new phone from my old phone. How can this be done?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would need to do an iTunes backup and when you buy your new phone just "restore from backuo" options in iTunes! More information here : https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201269
So I can just go to "restore from back up" on my new phone, and then all my music will automatically be on my new phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

So I can just go to "restore from back up" on my new phone, and then all my music will automatica...

This assumes you already have a backup. If you don't, you can try to back up your existing phone. Depending on what is the problem, you may still be able to access the memory.
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

So I can just go to "restore from back up" on my new phone, and then all my music will automatica...

I don't think I backed anything up.. nor did I use the cloud. What about my sim card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

You SIM card just contains the information to connect your phone to the cellular network. You can re-load any apps you purchased from the iTunes App store, as the store remembers you previous purchases. Same for music downloaded from iTunes. You ripped music should still be on your computer, and can be reloaded to your phone. Data such as your contacts, photos, etc., will be lost unless you have them backed up somewhere. Have you tried plugging it into a computer to see what happens?
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

So, if i just log into my iTunes account on my new phone all the music will automatically be there? Sorry, I'm not very good at all this stuff, thanks for your input! I've stuck it in a bowl of rice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

Your iTunes purchases will be available to you from iTunes on your computer. They may not automatically download, but they will be available for you to to reload to your new phone through the iTunes interface. You can also re-download and songs you have previously purchased from the iTune store. You should take some time to set up iTunes on your computer. It is the best way to manage content on your iPhone. Once you have iTunes on your computer, you will find all you previous purchases there, or you can re-download them to iTunes.
Libby Wantenaar wrote:

That's really helpful! Thank you. 🙂
You might have everything already in the cloud. Look into what you need to transfer. Apple is handy for that.