Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data usage now going over and nothing has changed with my phone or my usage!?

My bill keeps going up but I haven't changed anything on my phone. Yes at the end of July I went to the US, but that month I paid $212.54, and now Aug is $194.21. It keeps telling me I am going over on my data, first text was $10 over next text was $25 but again I haven't changed anything on my phone that was before or should be now eating up data. You need to provide me with details to what is eating data. because according to the data read-outs on my phone at what is going per App I should not be over. We need to figure this out, I cannot keep paying this amount or I will have to switch carriers, I have been with KOODO loyaly going on 4 years and got some other ppl on KOODO as well. Help me with this please!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo cannot diagnose your data usage because of privacy laws, Trenton. If you keep using more data than expected you should analyze your usage yourself, or consider moving to a plan that offers more data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Koodo cannot diagnose your data usage because of privacy laws, Trenton. If you keep using more da...

Two more thoughts: the newer plans offer shock free data, so you'll never go over unless you opt in. And second, did you check your invoice if these costs are not for roaming?
Sophia wrote:

Koodo cannot diagnose your data usage because of privacy laws, Trenton. If you keep using more da...

I just received my bill for Aug, and have just reset my data usage on my phone. I will keep track of everything and see where it is going. Thanks for responding Sophia.

Sophia wrote:

Check to make sure you have "hotspot turned-off.  If you have hotspot on with no password someone else could be using your data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

@ Trenton, on your last bill the extra charges also stem from roaming and long distance calls to the US. You are also not on a "shock free data plan". These newer plans automatically pause your data once you rreach your monthly limit. We do have a promo now for $55 (vs the $52 you are paying) with 2gb of data. You might consider switching to that. It's free to do online.