Koodo Community
Solved

Data usage charge doesn't make sense

I was shocked to see I was charged for 1700MB data this morning. The only thing I did was listen to a podcast episode that I had downloaded on wifi the previous day (I have screenshots to show it was already downloaded) - i.e. not using data at all. Is there anything I can do to dispute this? I can't get through to anyone and it really doesn't make sense to me how this could have happened. I'm not impressed at how difficult it is to get more info about this.
icon

Best answer by The Magic Talking Wall 7 February 2019, 20:53

Only your phone can tell you what used up this amount of data. Check your mobile data settings to find a list of apps that connected to data during the current period and you'll likely find the culprit.

Koodo only measures the volumes as communicated by your SIM card and measure them against your plan details.

A healthy habit to take is to disable data when you don't need it, like when you're connected to wifi. That will prevent all unwanted usage.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you checked your data usage in settings to see something with unusually big usage? It's not the best because it doesn't reset monthly. You can use a third party data counter app to keep better track. Do you have wifi assist disabled? It can switch to cellular data if it think it's connected to weak wifi.

To dispute it requires speaking with a rep. You'll have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter or koodo.com/chat to schedule a call back.
Userlevel 3
Only your phone can tell you what used up this amount of data. Check your mobile data settings to find a list of apps that connected to data during the current period and you'll likely find the culprit.

Koodo only measures the volumes as communicated by your SIM card and measure them against your plan details.

A healthy habit to take is to disable data when you don't need it, like when you're connected to wifi. That will prevent all unwanted usage.