Koodo Community
Solved

data roaming

i’m from ontario and currently in nova scotia. my data only seems to work when i turn on data roaming… is this normal and will i be charged for using data roaming while still in canada?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 16 May 2021, 02:04

is there a reason my data doesn’t work even though i have a couple bars? (i haven’t ran out of data)

I assumed you can call and text normally. Have data ever worked before?

What phone are you using? If it was an Android, make sure you set APN settings correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone. If it was an iPhone, try to reset the network settings.

Also, could you check if you set a data usage limiter in your phone or you had a data block in your account.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is no such thing as that data roaming  inside of Canada. Make sure you are connected to Qudos network and you should be good to go.

how do i make sure i am connected to koodos network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

how do i make sure i am connected to koodos network?

There’s no need to do anything. You will be automatically connected to the Koodo network. It is Canada-wide.

is there a reason my data doesn’t work even though i have a couple bars? (i haven’t ran out of data)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you can call and text normally. Have data ever worked before?

What phone are you using? If it was an Android, make sure you set APN settings correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone. If it was an iPhone, try to reset the network settings.

Also, could you check if you set a data usage limiter in your phone or you had a data block in your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? Did you turn data on under your phone settings?

using an iphone. yes my data is turned on. i don’t know what it is

i think it’s working now so i’m just confused at this time