Koodo Community

Community

Question

Data problem - iphone 6

Hi, I switched yesterday from iphone 5 to 6. I never had any problem with my data but now it doesn't work. Only wifi does. I tried to restore to factory setting and it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated because the situation is frustrating.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check your APN settings to see that they match. Is data turned on? You said youre prepaid so do you have an active data booster atm?
Goran wrote:

Check your APN settings to see that they match. Is data turned on? You said youre prepaid so do y...

What do I need to check for APN? And yes, I've 1 GB and still full.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Check your APN settings to see that they match. Is data turned on? You said youre prepaid so do y...

Here you go: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/838_4_koodo_mobile_apn_settings_for_apple_iphone_6.php Let us know if it still isn't working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Is the new phone from Koodo, or another carrier?
Goran wrote:

Still not working. I've a pop up on Safari saying that I'm not subscribed to cellular data service. Which is odd since I am... The iphone was originally from another carrier but had been unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Sounds like the unlock may not have worked. Are you certain the phone has worked on Koodo in the past?

Safari only knows that you do not have cellular data service working on your phone, it does not know anything about your subscription. Until you get your phone working on Koodo, you will receive that message.
Is talk and text working?  Do you see Koodo on the upper left of the screen when you start the phone?
Goran wrote:

It was on Rogers before. It had been unlocked and everything works just like it always has. Texting and calling are great. Wifi works too. I just have a problem with the data. The icon shows up when I open it, but it's not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Hello Melissa, Do you have an old phone you can test your data on? Is dat working on your old. IPhone?
Goran wrote:

Hi, I don't have one sadly. All I know is that it was working on my former phone (iphone 5) that I was still using the day before I changed it (been sold since so I can't test).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Are the settings on the new iPhone ok? What I mean by that is do you have data turned on? Is safari enabled to use cellular data? I know it's stupid but looks like you tried everything
Goran wrote:

I checked the APN like suggested. It was fine. Everything on my new phone is ok. I recharged my data the day after I got my phone and none had been used ever since. Even though I open it and tried many times. When I open my data to try on Safari, it shows up as picture below. I do have data so I don't why this is happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I take it you also can't access mapsWeather or stocks either?

May be time to contact Koodo to see if they can reset your account.
Goran wrote:

I can access both on wifi. I went to Koodo store and the man told nothing is wrong with my phone about the data, or the access. and that I need to contact Apple directly, that they will be able to help me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Reset the Device Network Settings & Reboot the Device. The next troubleshooting step is to reset iOS network settings, and then turn the iPhone off and back on again. This can often resolve cellular data failures and it's pretty simple: ... Now hold down the Power button and turn the iPhone off.

Or

Turn off SIM PIN, if you have accidentally enabled it. SIM PIN is used to prevent access to cellular data network. If you want to use cellular data, you need to enter the PIN when you swap SIM cards or happen to restart your iPhone . One thing is to be remembered, it applies to devices that works with SIM card.

Step #1. Launch Settings app.

Step #2. Scroll down and tap on Phone.

Phone App Settings in iPhoneStep #3. Tap on SIM PIN.

iPhone SIM Pin SettingsStep #4. Switch off SIM PIN
1. I had done that unsuccessfully. 2. No SIM pin on
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried a factory reset as the last resort and see if that does it? You are completely up to date with software updates and running the most recent version of IOS on the phone as well correct?

Edit: sorry noticed just now that you said you did a factory reset my bad. You are running the most recent version of IOS though correct?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset as the last resort and see if that does it? You are completely up ...

It was updated when I unlock the phone. So yes.
Userlevel 6
I could be wrong, but don't you have to plug it into iTunes and do a restore after unlocking/changing carriers with iPhone to activate it? I forget, it's been a while since I had an iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Techjunkie wrote:

I could be wrong, but don't you have to plug it into iTunes and do a restore after unlocking/chan...

According to Apple, no, but sometimes it is easier to do so.  That calling & text works indicates the unlock has been processed, but the data network is not connecting to the phone.