Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data only plan for iPhone

Hello! 1. Can I use my unlocked iPhone with only data plan from koodo? 2. Can I use my unlocked iPhone with pre-paid data plan/booster only? 3. I only need about 500MB of data per month and no minutes/texts etc. for my unlocked iPhone, what would be the minimum monthly cost? Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1) No. Monthly plans include unlimited texts, voicemail, call display, and various mins 2) No. Prepaid base plan includes unlimited texting, voicemail, and call display. Data Boosters can be added 3) Monthly - $44 minus 10% since your are bringing your own device Prepaid - $30 based on buying the 1GB data booster and using it over 2 months
Thanks Dennis. Do you mean that I can prepay $30, get 1GB use it over 2 monts? I would consider this my cheapest option ($15 per month for what I need). Do I need to keep prepaying every month to keep it going at $15/month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

Thanks Dennis. Do you mean that I can prepay $30, get 1GB use it over 2 monts? I would consider t...

You get the $15 base plan. Then you add data boosters in 1GB ($30) increments. So if you only use 500MB ($30/2 = $15) + $15 base plan = $30 per month http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

Thanks Dennis. Do you mean that I can prepay $30, get 1GB use it over 2 monts? I would consider t...

It means that I have to buy "base plan" can't just buy a booster for &30/2 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

Correct
Can I buy only booster on prepaid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

Yes. Boosters are only for prepaid
Userlevel 7
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

I may have read it wrong but if you're asking if you can get just a booster. Then no you will need to keep a baseplan active. If that's not what you meant then ignore this comment. 😛
Yuriy Morayko wrote:

Daniel. You nailed it. Thanks.