Koodo Community
Question

Data Issue

• 11 September 2019
  • 5 replies

I have noticed twice now that my data is being used almost all at once at really odd times. Both times were early in the morning, before I even wake up and almost 2GB of data is being used. I do not have background app refresh or wifi assist on and I do not download updates using data. This is getting extremely frustrating as usually I am able to make my data last all month with ease.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if your phone is not plugged in while on wifi, the wifi may disconnect in order to save power.
I always thought wifi is less power hungry then 3G
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if your phone is not plugged in while on wifi, the wifi may disconnect in order to save power.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It says mostly my Music app? But at 5:30am when I’m not using it and i’m connected to wifi, it’s a bit odd. This has also just began to happen in the last few months.
You may have it set to download the newest of a podcast or playlists or such over the night so check in the music app to see if that could be doing it as I know there is this setting in one of tbe music apps I've used on iOS or Android but don't remember which one it was.
It says mostly my Music app? But at 5:30am when I’m not using it and i’m connected to wifi, it’s a bit odd. This has also just began to happen in the last few months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Under your phones data usage settings it shows a list of what has used data,what does yours say has used your data ?