Koodo Community
Question

Data Issue

• 11 September 2019
  • 5 replies

I have noticed twice now that my data is being used almost all at once at really odd times. Both times were early in the morning, before I even wake up and almost 2GB of data is being used. I do not have background app refresh or wifi assist on and I do not download updates using data. This is getting extremely frustrating as usually I am able to make my data last all month with ease.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Under your phones data usage settings it shows a list of what has used data,what does yours say has used your data ?
It says mostly my Music app? But at 5:30am when I’m not using it and i’m connected to wifi, it’s a bit odd. This has also just began to happen in the last few months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It says mostly my Music app? But at 5:30am when I’m not using it and i’m connected to wifi, it’s a bit odd. This has also just began to happen in the last few months.
You may have it set to download the newest of a podcast or playlists or such over the night so check in the music app to see if that could be doing it as I know there is this setting in one of tbe music apps I've used on iOS or Android but don't remember which one it was.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if your phone is not plugged in while on wifi, the wifi may disconnect in order to save power.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if your phone is not plugged in while on wifi, the wifi may disconnect in order to save power.
I always thought wifi is less power hungry then 3G