Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data consumption is fast

I wanted to ask why ny data consumes so fast i just open snapchat and just check who snapped me my data went like more than 5-10mb in less than a minute and snapchat is the only enable d app for my data pls help!I'm

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data usage in 2017 is no joke. Did you know that the average Mobile Web page is now like 2.6MB? A single page not the whole website? Snap chat just used up that much data I'm afraid and there's nothing to be done about it short of paying exorbitant roaming data rates, getting a local Sim card for data, or sticking to Wi-Fi.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Data usage in 2017 is no joke. Did you know that the average Mobile Web page is now like 2.6MB? A...

It is ineed a data consumption world. So why don't all carriers recognize this and give more data for the money. One would think that over time cost would decrease for the same product that is used by probably millions of people over many carriers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Data usage in 2017 is no joke. Did you know that the average Mobile Web page is now like 2.6MB? A...

This is not the case since it is infrastructure / capacity based as opposed to a retail product
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The long term trend of network infrastructure costs as a percentage of operating costs is slowly declining for carriers worldwide on average. I won't speculate here as to why carriers in Canada do not offer "more data for the money" nor are we privy to their decision making processes.  
Userlevel 6
That's a known issue with Snapchat. It eats a ton of data, because it loads all your friends stories in the background. Also, what Goran mentioned is also true. It's a data consumption world right now, and every app and web page is getting more hungry by the day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you know about snapchat's travel mode that uses less data?

Source : https://www.cnet.com/how-to/save-mobile-data-with-snapchats-new-travel-mode/

enjoy.
Thanks for your response guys much appreciated!
My Snapchat data usage suddenly skyrocketed in the last 5 days. I might have looked at the app once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David Mete wrote:

My Snapchat data usage suddenly skyrocketed in the last 5 days. I might have looked at the app once.

It's likely that there was a spike of stories that your friends on Snap chat put up and your phone has been downloading as Cory was explaining.