Koodo Community

Community

Solved

DATA charges

I don't have a data plan but have had a couple of really big bills charging me for data usage. The only time I connect to Wifi is when it is free at home and at coffee shops, etc. Would I be charged for that?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, but not having a data plan does not mean your phone cannot access 3G data. Go to settings, data usage and turn mobile data off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Note that with Data off, the pipeline to allow MMS will be blocked too
Userlevel 3
You wouldn't be charged if you turn off your data proactively. This will ensure you are connected to wifi.
Thanks everyone. My Data is always turned off but my WiFi and 3G are on. could that use up data? What about having the Bluetooth on to connect into my car for phone calls and listening to music - does that use data?
Terri Styles MacKinnon wrote:

Thanks everyone. My Data is always turned off but my WiFi and 3G are on. could that use up data...

As you can tell, I am not very tech savvy!! 🙂
Userlevel 3

Thanks everyone. My Data is always turned off but my WiFi and 3G are on. could that use up data...

Is it satellite radio?If so yes! Bluetooth no. Leave your wifi and 3g on that wouldn't effect your data useage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Based on that, your data would not be used