Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data block on an iPhone, receives some texts but not all?

I have an iPhone 4 and so does my daughter. I have a data block on her phone but I would like to be able to text her when she is out. She can send me texts but mine don't go through to her, her friend has an iPhone and they were texting back and forth today, why can't my phone text her?

4 replies

She should get your texts fine, but she will not get mms. So keep your text message to under 160 character or don't send pictures and there should be no issues with her getting yours messages
Userlevel 7
Its most likely something to do with imessage since you mention a data block. In your settings turn imessage off so you will now send as sms. Also keep in mind your daughter won't be able to use mms with a data block on. EDIT: ohhh so she receives some messages. I think Brian is correct is it only pic messages that she is not receiving?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Its most likely something to do with imessage since you mention a data block. In your settings tu...

I think you were correct Daniel. She should absolutely turn off iMessage if her daughter has a data block.
Userlevel 2
Daniel Kim wrote:

Its most likely something to do with imessage since you mention a data block. In your settings tu...

Daniel is correct. If you're sending your daughter messages through iMessage, she will not receive them because she doesn't have data. You must send messages through SMS. See: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3529