Koodo Community
Solved

Data

• 30 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I have been paying 45$ for my base an which is supposed to include 2gb of data. I only get 500mb of data when I get my plan
how can I fix this
icon

Best answer by Mats 30 January 2019, 15:13

I went into my account and changed my baseplan to the 45$ one where it has 2gb of data but I still only received 500 mb. I figure if i clicked on that base plan it would update it but it never. It’s like no big deal but what I’m paying for I shouldn’t Be getting the 2 gbs of data.
When clicking that prepaid $45 base plan you have to pay $45 right away for your plan to update. If you have $45 in your account you also have to agree to the change for the new plan. If you don't have $45 in your account it will ask you to top up so you can pay for the new plan. Are you doing that?

Changing base plans takes effect right away and your current active base plan is cancelled. You also won't be credited for any remaining days left on your current base plan when you switch to a new one.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/prepaid-base-plans
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you signed up for a plan with only 500 MB of data it will remain a plan with only 500 MB of data. It doesn't automatically update just because there's a better deal available.
You can, however, switch to a different plan at any time. Just sign into your self serve and make the switch.
I did click on the option and it stayed the same. Just curious why it stayed the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You clicked on what option? What, exactly, did you do? There are several steps required to change your plan so people don't do it by accident.
I went into my account and changed my baseplan to the 45$ one where it has 2gb of data but I still only received 500 mb. I figure if i clicked on that base plan it would update it but it never. It’s like no big deal but what I’m paying for I shouldn’t Be getting the 2 gbs of data.
Badge +4
When clicking that prepaid $45 base plan you have to pay $45 right away for your plan to update. If you have $45 in your account you also have to agree to the change for the new plan. If you don't have $45 in your account it will ask you to top up so you can pay for the new plan. Are you doing that?

Changing base plans takes effect right away and your current active base plan is cancelled. You also won't be credited for any remaining days left on your current base plan when you switch to a new one.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/prepaid-base-plans