Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data?

if i get an iphone i'm i obligated to get the data plan? Bell companie tells me that it's a apple policy to get the data..but went to a koodo store and told me that i didn't have to take the data! can you clarify please ...thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 2
No, you do not have to get a data plan. You can take the Canada-wide Talk & Text plan which does not include data. You will be charged for data if-and-only-if you use data. To prevent being charged for data, you would need to disable data on the iPhone, or apply a data block on your account (which would also prevent picture texting)
Bell will say anything to keep you!! the cheeper plan with iphone there is $70 thank you for your help
Userlevel 7
Nah you dont need data. data is usually required on 3year contracts for iPhones though. Try the koodo tab! its great!
Userlevel 5
An iPhone without Data however, kind of ruins the whole purpose of a smartphone. You don't have to get a data plan as Koodo does not lock you into contracts with that so you're good but I highly recommend it! 🙂
John Lee wrote:

An iPhone without Data however, kind of ruins the whole purpose of a smartphone. You don't have t...

Many people don't need a lot in terms of mins and just prefer to pay less on the bill. Therefore choose the $30 plan and turn on the data on your phone or block it. You can always use wifi as much as you want.
Userlevel 5
It would likely depend on the carrier/what plans they currently offer. WIth Telus (Unless you are renewing with a grandfathered plan of a certain value) they require you to go on a Shareplus plan (which either requires a data add on, or shares from a data package on the same account). Thus there is a requirement for data. Thankfully with Koodo, as long as you don't take the large tab, you are not required to have data.