Koodo Community
Solved

Custom Greetings

• 30 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have dual SIM cards … Koodo is an actual SIM card. I’m trying to set up a custom greeting and not having much luck. I record the greeting, stop then SAVE.  I get a message at the top of the screen “Saving Greeting” but it never completes … I stayed on that page for 4 or 5 minutes …. no luck. Anyone else run into this?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 30 March 2021, 16:00

I go to Phone, then to Voicemail, then to Greeting. At that point it gives me a choice of Koodo and my virtual sim. I click on BC (which is how I identify the Koodo line) - at that point it has default or custom. It allows me to record a custom greeting but then it just stays on “saving greeting” indefinitely. 

It sounds like you’re doing this from the phone itself. Can you try dialing into your voicemail and updating the greeting from there if it’s not what you’re currently trying? Dial your voicemail, Press 3, Press 1, and from here you can choose to record a personal greeting.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How/where are you trying to record the greeting?

I go to Phone, then to Voicemail, then to Greeting. At that point it gives me a choice of Koodo and my virtual sim. I click on BC (which is how I identify the Koodo line) - at that point it has default or custom. It allows me to record a custom greeting but then it just stays on “saving greeting” indefinitely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like you’re doing this from the phone itself. Can you try dialing into your voicemail and updating the greeting from there if it’s not what you’re currently trying? Dial your voicemail, Press 3, Press 1, and from here you can choose to record a personal greeting.

Success! And I should have thought of that as it is the way I’ve always done it. But throw a new screen in the way (when I added dual sim ) and it made me think I had to learn something new 🙂. Thanks!