Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Current bill cycle

I only received my sim card yesterday which is the 6th Nov, shouldn't the bill cycle be 5th next month? somehow in my Koodo profile it says October 12, 2015 - November 11, 2015 — 4 day(s) left instead, how did that come about? anyone can help me get my head around would be appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
The billing date isn't always the activation date. In fact, more often than not these dates are separate. Your billing cycle will be the 12th-11th every month and this first month you'll see a proration charge for Nov 6th-12th
Userlevel 5
Hey there! Taylor is 100% right. When you activate your services, you get matched to the closest billing cycle to your activation date. In your case, your first bill will have a pro rated charge from November 6th to November 11th, and another charge for the new month (since we bill you a month in advance) from November 12th to December 11th. Keep in mind that because of those additional 4 days your first bill will be higher than usual, but as of next month you'll only be billed for 30 day periods. You can check out this quick video for a visual explanation http://koo.do/firstbill :)