Koodo Community
Question

Cuba trip

• 10 April 2019
  • 8 replies

What is needed to do to my phone so I can use it Cuba? I have the plan but never seem to access it properly. Please help, step by step, thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
Do you have easyroam added to your account? you need that to roam in Cuba https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam
Yes I have easy roam on my account. It just didn't work well for calling out last year. What do I do?
I can"t remember what I do with my phone when I get to Cuba
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone are you using? Was it compatible with Cuba network?

And what went wrong last year? I would check everything again in your self serve. The add-on is what you need.
It was an Iphone 6s and I had the easy-roam for Cuba. My phone did not work as i was led to believe, I could not call out. Texting was ok, but inconsistent. I still have easy-roam for Cuba, on my phone this year too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you have a good signal? How was data? Cuba doesn't have a particularly good cellular network, so it might have just been bad at that time and place. Koodo cannot guarantee the quality of its roaming partners.
Userlevel 2
I was in Cuba in January and you need to dial a dial out code before you dial.

To call Canada from Cuba, dial: 119 - 1 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 119 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number.
Thank you!!!