Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Crackling/flickering screen/camera/home button problems with iPhone 4?! Help!!

My iPhone 4 screen keeps flickering, and when I press the lock button a blue vertical line goes up the screen before it turns off. I can also hear crackling at times coming from the phone, even when it's off. Also, the mute/ringer icon often appears on the screen for a few seconds even when I don't touch the ringer button, and the back and front camera doesn't work, it's just black. I cracked the screen a couple weeks ago, could this have anything to do with the problems? After it broke the home button stopped working because pieces of the phone fell out around the home button, but assistive touch works fine for replacing the home button. There's also a black dot on the screen above the home button, seems to be under the screen. I know, there are a lot of problems and I'm so thankful for someone that can help in the slightest. What should I do?! 😞 Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
The only thing you could do is try a factory reset and back up your data. But honestly in my opinion it's time for a new phone, your phone sounds like its about to die out on you. I recommend the moto g, it's the best device out there for the price in my opinion. Hope everything works out for you! 🙂
Daniel Kim wrote:

The only thing you could do is try a factory reset and back up your data. But honestly in my opin...

If my phone does randomly die, what'r my options? Pay 300$ for a new one? 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

The only thing you could do is try a factory reset and back up your data. But honestly in my opin...

Depends on what phone your want. You can also go the preowned route. But it's the same thing if you drop your laptop. Not much else to do either than to get a new computer. How much is remaining in your tab?
Daniel Kim wrote:

I definitely want to stay with apple. And 95$ is left on the tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

Your options are to pay off your tab and get another iPhone on a new tab. Or you can just buy another iPhone either through Koodo or Apple Or buy a used iPhone. Or bring the iPhone to apple to get exchanged for a refurbished one. http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=iphone
Daniel Kim wrote:

I found a phone on kijiji, but it's with telus. Doesn't that mean it'll work with Koodo too? I heard they were joined companies. The phone isn't on a contract, will it work? I wouldn't want to spend that much money on a phone just to be told it can't be hooked up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

Yes it will. Also check the imei to ensure it's not reported stolen and black listed. http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/ And please meet in a secure location for your safety.