Koodo Community

Community

Could I get bring your own phone promotion?

I got the koodo account a month ago without any promotions, but I checked the koodo site today, koodo newbies can get byop promotion (get 10 credis during 6 months!) and they can get a free sim card . I really wanna get byop benefit.. I was byop too but I couldn't get anything and paid sim fee+tax . I was wondering if I could get byop benefits? please please please.. I GOT THE KOODO JUST A MONTH AGO

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Promos come and go and you can't always know when to be able to take advantage of them. You might have been able to if it had been 15 days or less but you're at a month now so you won't be able to get anything from it. Unfortunately you got unlucky
Activate a new line with a random number, port your number out to another provider and back to that new line. Don't forget to contact the CCTS when Koodo does not refund you for the remaining days of your billing cycle. Even Rogers refunds automatically, in case a rep reads this and understands that they are violating the Wireless Code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PM wrote:

Activate a new line with a random number, port your number out to another provider and back to th...

Assuming of course the promo will still be available in that time period.
Userlevel 6
PM wrote:

Activate a new line with a random number, port your number out to another provider and back to th...

Never had issues with Koodo not refunding the remaining days of billing cycle. Since this is BYOD/BYOP, there'd be no tab buy-out, so the customer would be free to port their number anywhere at no penalty.
PM wrote:

I got with koodo in December of 2016 and I had the byod credit up until Sept 2017..anyone know why this is?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PM wrote:

@Dawn
Was that BYOD  promo for 6 months?  You should be able to see your contract/promo details on your sign up paper or Email.
Or did you buy a phone on Tab in September?
Userlevel 6
PM wrote:

The BYOD promo is normally $10 for 6 months. It should state it on your agreement papers.
PM wrote:

No tab at all because the phone was bought outright. And I just looked at the agreement and nothing states on there about the Bring Your Own Device discount. I just figured I would ask here before having to making a call (I'm not one for calling companies unless I absolutely have too)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PM wrote:

Credit or discount sometimes didn't show up on your contract, but normally promotion credits don't last for more than 1 year.

If you want to find the exact reason then calling is the solution then. Only Koodo agents have access to your account detail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PM wrote:

You can message them on facebook instead of calling, that way you don't have to deal with waiting on the phone either.
PM wrote:

Ok thanks for the help guys. I will be getting a hold of them today 🙂
At Koodo they there is no fixed term contracts only promotions.Promotions  can only last for 6 months so i suggest if you have a  promotion use it wisely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ibrahim wrote:

At Koodo they there is no fixed term contracts only promotions.Promotions  can only last for...

It's depends on the promotion. Promotion on bill credits or promotion for extra data or ...etc. And it's all different amount of terms and price. You can keep extra data on some promo as long as you keep the plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ibrahim wrote:

At Koodo they there is no fixed term contracts only promotions.Promotions  can only last for...

And again, did you have a question? This thread is a year old.