Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Constant unwanted updates on iPhone 4

I have an iPhone 4 and I don't know why, I seem to get updates once an hour, 24hrs a day. It's killing my data plan, any idea which app could be responsible?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Could you be more specific? What kind of update is it? Do you know what it's updating? Or do you just notice your data usage going up? It could be an actual update or just background apps using data but first we need a little more info so we can help you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Either close your apps when your done with them or go into each apps settings & set them not to automatically refresh or sync.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're getting your updates automatically downloaded? By default, iOS only notifies you of available app updates. Go to SETTINGS > ITUNES & APP STORES. Make sure all toggles are switched off. You'll then be notified of available updates, but you can choose if/when to download them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

You're getting your updates automatically downloaded? By default, iOS only notifies you of availa...

They think it's an actual app update when it's not it's just apps that are open syncing or the whether or time syncing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

You're getting your updates automatically downloaded? By default, iOS only notifies you of availa...

Well weather, time shouldn't use so much of your data
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

Settings -> Notifications -> Weather Widget -> OFF
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

They didn't say how much data & since it's every hour on the hour it wouldn't be an app software update. That's why I'm guessing it's a syncing type issue
Go to SETTINGS > ITUNES & APP STORES put it all on off than you should see on you app store app what needs updating.To avoid using data to update hook your iphone up to the computer and up date it with itunes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Wurz wrote:

Go to SETTINGS > ITUNES & APP STORES put it all on off than you should see on you app store app w...

Read above, You said the exact same thing as somebody did 12hrs ago