Koodo Community

Community

Confused about new prepaid plans..Questions

Userlevel 3
I live in Winnipeg and currently have the $35.00 month prepaid which includes incoming calls, text, free calling after 5 pm weekdays, weekends from 5pm Friday to 8 am Monday.

I noticed Koodo has new prepaid plans and I'm a little confused by some of the wording in the "Nitty Gritty" section.

$40 a month includes unlimited province wide calling, unlimited international text and picture messaging.

Nitty Gritty

"Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Canada-wide Talk Booster Add-on is required to make or receive calls while you are outside your home province."

Questions:

1."Includes out going calls made anywhere in Canada... If  I'm visiting BC, making calls to another BC number would be included in the unlimited province wide calling? Or does this refer to making a call from BC to a Manitoba phone number?

2. Talk booster add is required to make or receive calls while you are outside your home province? Once again if I'm visiting relatives in BC and want to make a call to another province (not my home province) or within BC I need a talk booster?
If I want to make a call from Winnipeg to BC I would need a talk booster add on?

Will I able able to keep my old $35 a month prepaid plan or by next month will I have to switch to the new plans?

Thanks for your help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From their site :
Your outgoing local calling area moves with your physical location. If you dial a phone number that's local to your physical location, it’s considered a local call. If you dial a phone number that’s long distance to your physical location, then it’s a long distance call. Your own number doesn't matter!
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-calling

So, if you call Manitoba phone number from BC, then it will be long distance call.

Your $35 prepaid plan is Canada-wide plan. And, it's included Canada-wide incoming calls and  unlimited 5 pm weekdays, weekends. So,you don't need to have Talk booster to receive calls and making call after 5pm.
You need talk booster if you need to make calls during daytime.

You can keep your current plan as long as you continue to renew. (you have to pick a new plan if you let your current plan expire, or if you are a new customer)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

From their site :
Your outgoing local calling area moves with your physical location. If you dial...

Wasn't there a recent discussion about the newer prepaid plans Ron province wide rather than Canada wide?
Userlevel 3
David. I'm not sure. I haven't visited the Koodo community forums for several months
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shelley wrote:

David. I'm not sure. I haven't visited the Koodo community forums for several months

I think he meant mentioned to me about recent prepaid plan since we are Regular here