Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing my plan (charged rate of new plan and old plan)

i want to change my plan. last time i did this i was charged the amount of the new plan and old plan. I was told it was due to when i changed it in the bill cycle. My bill cycle ends on the 16 of every month. So if i changed it now on the 18th will i get charged for both plan prices?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you would, it's best to change the day before your cycle ends or the day your cycle ends to minimize proration charges. The closer to the start of your billing cycle the higher the proration charges will be.
so if i am 2 days into my billing cycle i would only get charged 2 days worth of my last plan then from now to to the end of this cycle for my new plan? or will it charge me this month and then to then end of my next cycle?
Userlevel 4
Andrew Normandeau wrote:

so if i am 2 days into my billing cycle i would only get charged 2 days worth of my last plan the...

You would have the 2 days charged on the old plan and rest will be credited back. The new plan would be charge for the remaining days left in the cycle then one month in advance. This will be posted on your next bill. When you look at the account detail (usually page 3 of the bill) you will see both plans with dates beside them letting you know how much is charged on the new plan and credited on the old.
Here's a breakdown of your estimated charges. This estimate includes your old and current rate plans and features. You will see these charges on your next bill. Estimated prorated credits for your old plan (December 18, 2013 - January 16, 2014) Rate Plan: Canada-Wide Data Double 35 -$33.83 Estimated prorated charges for your new plan (December 18, 2013 - January 16, 2014) Rate Plan: CAN Data 2GB Unltd Min $60 $58.00 The charges shown are only an estimate and don't include excess airtime, 911 Emergency Access Charge, mandatory data fees and applicable taxes. so i went ahead and changed it all this is like another language to me. 😕 My last plan was 35 + tax my new one is 60 + tax I had call and aparently with this change ill have 24$ in prorated charges. Does that make sense?
Userlevel 7
Andrew Normandeau wrote:

Here's a breakdown of your estimated charges. This estimate includes your old and current rate pl...

See how it says -33 from your old plan? That's the credit given from the day you changed the plan up until the cycle date for the -old- plan. Now do you see the 58 charge for the new plan? That's the -new- plan from today until the cycle date. So 58 - 33.83 = 24.17 in proration on your next bill so yes it makes sense.