Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing from iPhone 4s to 5

hi
I'm new to Koodo and just wanted to make sure I do this correctly. My iPhone 4s is acting up so I'm getting an iPhone 5 from my daughter. are the SIM cards the same so that I can just move it from the 4 to the 5? If not, what's the correct procedure for making the change? I imagine she would also have to reset her phone to wipe it. And I wanna make sure I keep the same number. Thank you for any guidance

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 4s takes a micro sim, the 5 takes a nano sim. You'll need to buy a new sim card from koodo (postpaid costs about $5). You'll need to call in to activate it since online sim swaps are disabled right now.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The 4s takes a micro sim, the 5 takes a nano sim. You'll need to buy a new sim card from koodo (p...

Do you know if the disabling of online sim swaps is temporary? Alternatively, could I get it activated at the Koodo kiosk?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201351
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also just cut the Sim. Nano standard is slightly thinner but it'll still work.
Goran wrote:

You can also just cut the Sim. Nano standard is slightly thinner but it'll still work.

interesting, I just looked it up and basically it looks like the micro sim just has more plastic around it that the nano, which can be carefully cut away - thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

If you cut it wrong, or leave any kind of a rough edge though, you risk damaging the phone permanently. I would not recommend this just to save $5.
Goran wrote:

appreciate the advice Timo, not meaning to come across as wanting to save $5, was more around the convenience since we don't have a Koodo kiosk where I live, but I can order online.
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

do you have any sort of Multibrand Wireless Retail around you, such as OSL/Walmart Wireless or The Mobile Shop inside your local Loblaws store (Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Real Atlantic Superstore if you're east of Québec, some Zehrs, some Fortinos), they can sell the SIM cards