Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change the size of my sim card

Since I dont want to leave Koodo and they're not going to have the iPhone 6s Plus 64gb version Im getting it directly from the Apple store. I currently have an iPhone 4 that means the size of the sim card is bigger than the size of the sim card of the 6s Plus. Can I just go to Koodo and tell them to change my sim card or get a new smaller sim card? Can they do that? Do I need to pay for the new sim card? 
Thanks in advance! :)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you will need to pay for the new sim.  THen you change swap phones with the new sim card number on self serve
Userlevel 5
The new Sim is just $5 if on monthly acct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spence wrote:

There are rumors that it may have increased to $15
Spence wrote:

AS long as you're careful, you can cut the card to the smaller size. Be best if you have a friend that uses smaller type sim so you can do the measuring.
Userlevel 6
Spence wrote:

Alternatively pretty much all cell phone repair shops have specific tools to cut sims.
Normally about a 5 dollar job!
Userlevel 3
Spence wrote:

Please, people, do not be so cheap. $5.00 for a new SIM card is no big deal. Do not cut into the SIM card unless you wish to destroy it. And if the new charge is $15.00, so what?
Userlevel 3
Spence wrote:

I bought a punch online to cut down a SIM card. It was about $5 with shipping, but took about a month to arrive. I figured it was a little safer than using a knife to cut my SIM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spence wrote:

You could have walked out of a boutique the same day with a new SIM for the same price.