Koodo Community

Community

Cell number does not work

New number does not work

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello John,

More information is needed in order to give out better help. Did you just port in?
I had a Regina area code but yesterday I changed it to Toronto area code 647. I kept the rest of the number. It shows in Koodo app. But when someone calls it nothing happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Newton wrote:

I had a Regina area code but yesterday I changed it to Toronto area code 647. I kept the rest of...

Have you tried restarting your device and/or taking your sim in and out of your phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Newton wrote:

I had a Regina area code but yesterday I changed it to Toronto area code 647. I kept the rest of...

You can't do that. Someone else in the 647 area code likely already has the other 7 digits, or the number may not yet be assigned to any carrier. You have to choose a whole new number.
In addition, if you are no longer resident I'd SK, you will likely need to choose a new plan to match your Ontario location.
John Newton wrote:

I restarted my phone. I'll try taking the SIM card out. Just have to find my iPhone box now. I waited over a year to change my number after I moved back to Toronto now I wish I had waited longer
John Newton wrote:

Went to Koodo to change number but it says I can't change it because it's "in the process of being transferred." Now I can't find their suggestion to check transfer tool.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Newton wrote:

You may need to contact Koodo directly to get this sorted. Contact options in the footer of this page.