Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cannot update my apps on iPhone / Billing Problem

Userlevel 7
Iphone 6s plus Every time I try to update my apps I'm asked to veify my account and then I'm told here was a problem with a past purchase. When I re enter my CC details I'm told the CC was declined It doesn't tell me a balance and I can't find anywhere where there is a purchase history. Please help.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You didn't put in the security code in the screenshot. Maybe that's why?
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

I did enter the security code. After I press done, I'm told the card was declined. I have no idea how much the store is trying to charge me.
Chadwick wrote:

Delete the apps that need updates and the one you're having a problem with, also delete your card. Re-add and he card fresh and reinstall apps, you already own them. There might have been an in app purchase that was glitchy., or PW conflict
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

I don't know which one is causing the problem.
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

Okay I changed the payment card and boom got charged 6.99 USD. I have no idea what that's for. How do I find out?
Chadwick wrote:

I'd check with your online banking, and find out for sure. If you can't figure it out get a new card. That's the easiest way out of ad ons and subcriptions that you dont use anymore. They have NP charging your card all day long, it all adds up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You should receive a receipt from Apple in short order outlining the charges. It may take up to a day, but usually less.

You can also use iTunes on your computer, and go to Apps > (Quick links) Account > Purchase history.
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

Time go go back to Android Chad! /s.
Userlevel 7
So I just got the receipt Although I paid for three apps, the payment was unsuccessful. Not sure how Apple handles CC payments but never had this issue with Android. Thanks everyone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

So I just got the receipt Although I paid for three apps, the payment was unsuccessful. Not s...

Never had a problem with the App Store and credit card payments. Even with card updates, or new card, the process was simple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd advise you to handle payment information via iTunes instead of the device. I've had some hassles on their phones before, but editing this via iTunes has usually been reliable.