Koodo Community

Community

Cannot register new sim card

Hi all, I just got a new phone and a new sim card came with it. My old phone had a nano sim and the new does as well so I'm not sure why I got a new one... anyway, I'm trying to register the new sim but I can't figure it out. I called 611 from the new phone -doesn't work, I also looked on the self serve portal- also didn't work as I can't find the "change phone" setting. Anyway so I was wondering 1) Can I just use my old sim card or is there some big improvement for the new ones (got my old one 2 yrs ago) and 2) what are the step-by-step instructions of registering a new sim on the self-serve portal?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Ema,

No need to try an put the new SIM card in. Just transfer the old one in your new phone and voila, your problem is solved!

The only new "improvement" would be NFC payments for Apple Pay but your old one might have it too...
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

Hello Ema,

No need to try an put the new SIM card in. Just transfer the old one in your new phon...

When it comes to iPhone, Apple is the boss, not the providers. Apple Pay does not care what kind of SIM Card or provider you have. In fact, you don't even need a SIM Card to use Apple Pay.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Hello Ema,

No need to try an put the new SIM card in. Just transfer the old one in your new phon...

@Robert NFC SIM card is not required for Apple Pay. Personally, I’ve only needed an NFC sim with Suretap in a Galaxy S7.
Userlevel 1
Hey Ema, Its simple 🙂 Just call 611 with your old Sim And Phone and tell them you need to activate a SIM card.. Tell them all the info required so they can access ur account and just tell them them the numbers on the sim card when they ask you for it. Once it's activated everything will be transferred to the new SIM card and you are Done 🙂 Enjoy your new phone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VarieZ wrote:

Hey Ema, Its simple 🙂 Just call 611 with your old Sim And Phone and tell them you need to ac...

Why would she? Others have given the correct advice - just transfer the old SIM and keep the new one as a spare.
Userlevel 1
VarieZ wrote:

Hey Ema, Its simple 🙂 Just call 611 with your old Sim And Phone and tell them you need to ac...

I Never said that the other Advices are wrong.. and by saying "Others have given the correct advice" You are saying my advice is wrong.. its not.

But its impossible if she has an old sim. My LG G3 Sim did NOT Work with the iPhone SE.

Thanks.
Userlevel 4
VarieZ wrote:

Hi to all,

Keep in mind that If she can do it on Self Serve she will be charged when calling *611
Userlevel 6
VarieZ wrote:

@Jan the ability to change sim card through self serve has been removed due to security against fraud. Customer service will not charge for SIM card change. I recently called in to get mine changed with no fee 🙂
Userlevel 4
VarieZ wrote:

@Erwin

Thanks for updating us on that matter.