Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cannot pick shipping address, and billing address cannot be changed

I am travelling for a few months and away from home. I would like to buy a new phone, the one I have is broken, and ship to to where I am. When checking out of buying new phone, I can't select a shipping address. Furthermore, if I try to change my billing address, I am unable to since my address is not recognized by the koodo page. What am I supposed to do?!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately it's for security reasons. You can try contacting the webstore directly or are you in a remote location or something? Are you not able to go to a Koodo store or reseller such as bestbuy or Walmart?
Goran wrote:

Unfortunately it's for security reasons. You can try contacting the webstore directly or are you ...

Thanks for the reply. I have gone into a koodo store but faced 2 issues: 1) they don't carry the phone I want 256GB iPhone 2) they can't give me the same deal I see online (the online deal I see is on the koodo webpage. It does not specify online 'exclusive'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there,

Where are you exactly? Still in Canada? If not, I don't think Koodo's ships outside of Canada...
Robert wrote:

Hello there,

Where are you exactly? Still in Canada? If not, I don't think Koodo's ships outside...

Billing in Edmonton. Shipping in Vancouver
Yes it is a poor system in that you are limited to shipping only to your billing address.

Can you have canada post forward your mail to your current location? It may not be ideal if you aren't going to be there long term.

Can you have someone retrieve the mail from your billing address and ship it to your location?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Yes it is a poor system in that you are limited to shipping only to your billing address.

Can yo...

It's a secure system BM not a poor one.  Too many fraudsters out there to allow for thousand dollar phones to be shipped to an "unknown" address. 
Userlevel 6
BM wrote:

Can yo...

there is no such thing as a "poor system" when it comes to Koodo
BM wrote:

Can yo...

Then why do most other online retailers offer the choice to ship to other locations other than the billing address? Koodo just doesn't want to deal with any issues that might come up from a separate shipping address, so they choose not to have that option, making it a poor system in my opinion. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

I experience this wit ever more online retailers. Koodo is not alone in this issue. Given the risk to the merchant form credit card sales, I am not surprised.

BM wrote:

Can yo...

I purchase items online all the time, and Koodo is the first company I have purchased from that did not allow for a separate shipping address. Can anyone name another company?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

There are a number of them....let's stick with mobile companies in Canada. Virgin would be one of them. 

"Heads-up! For your protection, we only ship online purchases to your credit card's billing address."

You do not have to buy online BM. 

Userlevel 6
BM wrote:

Can yo...

I personally like the fact that they will only ship to a verified address. I'd rather have the extra security. They normally use Canada Post anyways, so worst case...it'll be waiting at the closest post office for pickup if they miss you.
BM wrote:

Can yo...

Thanks Bernard. I know I don't have to buy online but you offer certain deal exclusive to online that won't be honoured in store, and often you don't even carry the model (sizes, colours) in store anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

Sure. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

@jjef_21 My comment was to BM who was questioning our policy of shipping to a different address than the one associated with credit card used to purchase. If you still need help updating your address happy to help out!

On a second look....I see we already helped out and your order was placed. :-) 
BM wrote:

Can yo...

@Roar It may be delayed because they might call you to confirm the order, but you can still select a shipping address that is separate from the billing address. 

Maybe I didn't drink the Koodo-laid, why can't anyone take a little bit of criticism? No one wants to improve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

No way we want to stop criticism BM! That's how we get better! 🙂 That said when it's not in the the interest of the business to make a change because of the negative implications (in this case increased losses) we won't necessarily pursue a change. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BM wrote:

Can yo...

We don't follow the same policy on a number of things.