Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cancelling my Bell mobility service wanting to get a new phone and new plan with Koodo.

I am cancelling my Bell mobility service and wanting to get a new phone and new plan with Koodo. I currently have an iphone 4s unsure if i want to stick with an iphone. what phone would you recommend?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It depends on what you are looking for and how you use the phone.

What do you hate and love about the iphone?
I have a hard time switching to android since I have been using an iphone since the iphone 4s.
The Android is more customizable, but some apps are slightly less polished.  IT gives a PC type feel since there are a lot of apps to replace default ones.

Also if you want to port your number over, you should not cancel your Bell line.  Just keep it active and when you sign up with koodo to bring your number over they will cancel the bell line for you.
I love the layout for the Iphone. and that the apps are so easy to use. what I don't like is all the updates that are constantly popping up on my phone. I use my cell phone all day everyday. I use it for work, and personal as I don't have a landline. I need to make sure that I can access both my Hotmail account and my work gmail account (outlook). I need to be able to access my music library. As well as the downloaded apps I currently have on my phone. I need unlimited text messaging and long distance calling as I do a lot of conference calls and/or calls to family back home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Gionet wrote:

I love the layout for the Iphone. and that the apps are so easy to use. what I don't like is...

Personally I would recommend sticking with iphone.  if you have paid apps it will not transfer to Android as you may need to re-purchase it.
I would only switch to android if you hate your iphone and are really committed to making the change and are willing to live with months of frustration to get use to the changes (my friend still hates her Galaxy S6 Edge and that's an $800 phone).

Even moving to the newest iphone, you will need to get use to the changes. I feel that iOS 8 & 9 is more buggy than the iOS that came with the 4s and the next few updates to it.

To turn off update notifications try Settings>iTunes & App Store and see what settings are there. Typically I dont get any popups to update apps.
Some of these update notifications maybe built into the app you are using.  You can try to go into the specific app settings to turn those off or they may not be able to turn off if the app designed it that way.  For example I dont want Facebook messenger notifications, but it keeps sending me a popup reminder every week or so when I open the app 
Userlevel 6
Ashley Gionet wrote:

I love the layout for the Iphone. and that the apps are so easy to use. what I don't like is...

Dennis basically nailed this whole thread.
iPhone sounds great for what you want to do with it.
And just to reiterate, leave your bell services active so koodo can snag the number.
They will worry about cancelling your bell services.
You don't have to do a thing except show up at koodo with your 2 pieces of ID!