Koodo Community
Solved

Cancellation policy issue.

• 29 August 2019
  • 3 replies

There has been an on-going issue with Koodo’s new cancellation policy on August 25th,2019. I recently made a purchase of the iPhone XR on the 24th before the policy had changed. However, I was upset how Koodo’s website states that any cancellation before August 25th will not be effective. I spoke with the rep and told them I had received 3 emails that my agreement order was placed August 24th and had proof of it to cancel my phone plan without the phone credit fee.

The first rep kept telling me how the order was made on August 26th which wasn’t true. I tried to get my account cancelled without paying the phone credit when I had initially put down a large sum upfront, which didn’t make sense, how they wouldn’t honour phone cancellations without the phone credit fee.

I was transferred to another rep which said the same exact thing and then proceed to tell me it’s under my contract. I had told them that the new policy was in effect on the 25th when the agreement was made on the 24th. He still told me that and had implied as if I’m one of those scammers in which is why their policy changed.

Overall, I wasn’t able to get reasonable solution. They tried to manipulate my actions, and that they weren’t able to do anything even when I had placed the order the date before the policy had changed.

What should I do? I’ve already decided to return the phone and possibly find a new provider as I feel that I have been cheated on and that they added the phone credit activation for my contract when it’s policy started on August 25th. I’m unable to cancel the phone with just the tab but here are some proof that I didn’t lie and that they’re just trying to avoid honouring the previous cancellation policy on my account.

icon

Best answer by Dany Koodo 29 August 2019, 15:15

Hello Rhoe, our Customer Service Agreements (CSAs) are well documented regarding the policy regarding the activation credit. I don't have the details of your account or your CSA but our team would gladly look into it if you write us on Facebook or Twitter once we authenticate. If there is something you don't agree we have a clear Money Back Guarantee policy as well in which you can return your device within 15 days conditioned by usage.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Koodo reps on here are even less customer friendly than phone reps, so this is usually the wrong place to post when you are trying to go against Koodo. There are 4 links at the bottom of this page. Click the last one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've flagged this for a rep to look into. They can still be helpful, despite above comment. Give it a go here as we've been plainly told the same that any tabs done before August 25 don't count. If it doesn't work, then yes go the CCTS complaint route.
Userlevel 3
Hello Rhoe, our Customer Service Agreements (CSAs) are well documented regarding the policy regarding the activation credit. I don't have the details of your account or your CSA but our team would gladly look into it if you write us on Facebook or Twitter once we authenticate. If there is something you don't agree we have a clear Money Back Guarantee policy as well in which you can return your device within 15 days conditioned by usage.