Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cancel contract and return phone

I signed up with Koodo and received the phone on January 6th. However, I'd like to cancel the service/contract. I've used less than 30 minutes of talk time. However, as I bought the plan and phone online, Customer Service said they can't help me and asked me to contact Koodo Webstore. I have called Koodo Webstore and emailed them but not received a reply. Can someone advise on the how I can cancel and return the phone? There was no return instructions when I received the phone. Thanks.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Lei. 

That's the only way. I'm sure someone on the community will redirect your message to the web store team!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should email them at webstore@koodomobile.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you call and email them?  Did you leave them a voicemail?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lei - step #1 as the folks mentioned above is to contact the web store and let them know. They'll then begin processing the order by sending you a return mailer so you can send the phone back. Once received, they'll process the return and cancel your account. I'll also flag this with my contact so that they're aware.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 
Thanks Everyone. I've emailed them and also left a message earlier today. So far, no response. The last time I emailed the Webstore, it was 4 days before I received an email response. They never called me back at all. 

Ranjan, is the return free of charge i.e. postage will be covered by Koodo?

Lei

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

Thanks Everyone. I've emailed them and also left a message earlier today. So far, no response. Th...

It will be a postage paid envelope Lei. Only thing you'll need to pay for is the usage for the days your account is active, and return any.gifts/bonus credits, etc. that you would have received upon activation.

Out of curiosity - mind sharing what made you change your mind about us? Anything we could do/could have done to help keep you as a customer?
Lei wrote:

Thanks Everyone. I've emailed them and also left a message earlier today. So far, no response. Th...

I've still not heard from Koodowebstore about this. The poor customer service from the WebStore and the extreme difficulty I had to talk to someone in Customer Service when I first signed are the main reasons why I want to cancel. I was put on hold for almost 2 hours on 2 separate occasions on Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd and then the automated message said no one was able to take the call and to call back later! The huge difficulty to get a problem resolved promptly is putting me off Koodo. It bothers me that at this early stage of signing up when encountered a difficulty, it has been a big challenge to get it resolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

Sorry to hear Lei. Outside of this thread, there was another regarding an update to your shipping info., that we were able to help resolve for you fairly quickly. We do put an emphasis on self-serve and digital support, through places like this community, that we feel work very efficiently to help resolve the majority of customer inquiries and issues. Our client care line was indeed overwhelmed with high call volumes over the boxing week period - which happened to be when you called. I would have hoped that seeing the efficiency of this support outlet over calling in would help show that there are other means to getting answers/issues resolved.. but I can understand that we may not be the best fit for everyone. If there's anything we can help further clarify or provide info. on, let us know.

With regards to your return, it looks like we tried calling yesterday but it went straight to your voicemail. In order to process the return, we need to ensure the "find my iPhone" feature is disabled, in order for us to complete the request. Are you able to do this?:
1. Go to settings
2. Tap the 'iCloud' feature
3. Disable option for 'find my iPhone'

After this is done, let me know, and I'll advise the team so they can complete the request and process the return mailer for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

Ranjan, Does Koodo leave a voicemail to indicate they called?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

We do, but in this case because the conversation required specific instructions to be shared (which may cause confusion) the agent didn't. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

An idea would be to leave a voicemail stating that Koodo called and since there was no answer they will call back again or that the next set of actions is on the customer to contact Koodo again.
Lei wrote:

Hi Folks, I've checked my current (non Koodo) cell phone and didn't receive a call at all from Koodowebstore if indeed they did call.  My current number is the one I requested a call back from Koodo as I didn't want to use minutes on the Koodo phone so to avoid further charges. I agree with Dennis that it would make a big difference to the customer to know when Koodowebstore returned calls if they left a message. In my case, I didn't receive either, unless they called the Koodo cell phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

Will relay that to the team Lei. Are you able to disable 'find my phone' as per the instructions about? We'll need that completed before processing the return.
Lei wrote:

Thanks Ranjan. I had already turned the phone off and have disabled the 'find my phone', erased all the contents and reset to original settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lei wrote:

Perfect. I'll let the team know that this is done and they're good to proceed. Thanks for confirming.
Lei wrote:

Hi Ranjan, 
I just received my credit card bill and I was charged $11.20 on January 2nd 2017 by Koodowebstore. As I'm cancelling the phone and contract, please reverse this charge.

Thanks,
Lei