Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canadian iPhone no wifi connection in south america

Hello I am a Canadian customer with an iPhone 5 travelling through South America. Currently I am in bolivia and I can't connect to wifi or use data roaming despite my iPad working fine. Why can't I connect to local wifi? Also should mention that despite having no service a single text from a friend made it through. What's the deal?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Simon!

Your phone should work when you arrive there and as long as your account is in good standing, International roaming is normally accessible.

I suggest you do a power cycle (on/off) so that the phone connects to the network. Hope that helps 🙂
Hey Dan thanks for getting back to me. When I left my account worked fine, and the power cycle was m,y first move (have tried a few times since then). Any other suggestions? I would call in to be a little more persistent, but... Thanks again!
Userlevel 6
As much as we would like to help you with Wi-Fi, we don't have any addiitonal tools since it's not a service attached to our network.  I found this article on Apple's website https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204051 that may help 🙂. Did you make sure your phone was off airplane mode?