Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can you buy a sim card online

My phone is at the bottom of the Ocean. After waiting for 30 minutes on hold I was told Koodo or Apple care will not replace the phone, even though I asked that question when I bought it. I was also told I could not purchase a new phone over the phone, to go online to do it. I proceeded to the website and can find nowhere to add a sim card to the cart. I live 3 hours away from the closest Koodo store, you better be able to buy them online!!! Horrible service so far. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Christine, Scroll to the bottom of the list of phones and I believe it's there now where you can find a option to purchase a SIM Card. You here's a direct link https://www.koodomobile.com/koodo-sim...
Side note no carrier will replace a lost or stolen phone free of charge also Apple care will only repair the phone not replace lost or stolen phones.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Christine, Scroll to the bottom of the list of phones and I believe it's there now where you c...

Thank you!! It is not lost, I know where it is. Just don't have any snorkel equipment to go retrieve it. I have another old one, I just want to dunk it in water and send it in. It was only like a month old, grrrr. Can I ask another question please? I live in a very remote area, do you know if there is anyway to speed up the delivery time? Wont ship for 1-2 week and takes 3 days????? Is it coming from the moon??? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Christine, Scroll to the bottom of the list of phones and I believe it's there now where you c...

Not all phones have the message saying it won't ship for 1-2 weeks. Usually that message means they are short on stock, or something along those lines. You can shop around and choose another phone that doesn't have that message.

Every time I try to add the sim card to the cart it says, "do you want to switch to a sim card" and then it removes the phone from the cart. I can not add them both. Why is that? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you buy a phone online, then SIM card comes with it.
Do you need extra SIM?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can sometimes find SIM cards on eBay.ca

Make sure you order the right size & type.. pre- and post-paid are not interchangeable.

Userlevel 6

Koodo sims are not cheaper on ebay, and you likely won't find post-paid branded Koodo sims (only pre-paid branded ones).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Agreed, they are not usually cheaper, but at least those of us in rural areas can sometimes get one thru the mail.
Userlevel 4
Hi Christie, Mayumi is correct above - every phone you purchase online comes with a SIM card automatically, you don't need to add one separately. If you want to buy ONLY a SIM, you can do that as well, but it sounds like you need both and in that case you only have to choose the phone. I'm sorry your experience so far has been frustrating!