Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can you buy a phone without a plan but still pay the phone with 15$ montly tab?

I want the new iPhone SE but want to pay it with small payments because I'm a prepaid customer. Could koodo Contract the phone (15$ month).

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would need to enter into a post-paid account to obtain a TAB (payment plan). This option is not available to pre-paid customers, as there is no contract for phones or services on pre-paid.
David wrote:

You would need to enter into a post-paid account to obtain a TAB (payment plan). This option is n...

Okay, and does Koodo offer Postpaid plans? if so where, I cant seem to find any.

Userlevel 7
David wrote:

You would need to enter into a post-paid account to obtain a TAB (payment plan). This option is n...

Here is a link to all postpaid plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans

I don't know how much minutes you need... But watch out for some plan with LOCAL minutes.
If you call your friends/family in outside of your local area(like different city), you will get $0.5/min long distance charge.
David wrote:

Is the 35$ plan the least expensive? cuz I'm currently on the 15$ prepaid (text only). is there one with only texting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

no,there is no text only plan with post paid. 
And yes, $35 is the lowest cost(if Canada wide). Plus Tab charge if you buy a phone on Tab.
Your monthly charge will be : $35 plan + $15 tab = $50  minimum.

Add:  "$25 Promotional Plan" includes 100 min LOCAL min.
If you don't call outside your local area... then you could get this plan tho.
David wrote:

its because I don't need wifi (I have it all around me, buses/train and at college), and we share a home phone with roommates. So i'd be paying that for nothing really.

David wrote:

I guess i'll stick with my iPhone 4s prepaid. Thanks for helping me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

There is a plan without data too.
It's still $35 for unlimited minutes and text.
David wrote:

That's doesn't include the 15$ tab right?

Userlevel 7
David wrote:

No, you have to add the cost of the tab. So 50$ per month
David wrote:

okay I guess i'll be waiting next year. haha thanks.