Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can text, but can't call or receive calls

I just put in a new sim yesterday - I was a koodo monthly customer and just switched to prepaid. I am able to send and receive text messages no problem with my new number and I have put on minutes for making calls yet can't make any calls. I know it's not a problem with my iPhone 5c as I had my husband try to call me and it says "phone number not in service" . I thought that it would be maybe at most a few hours before able to make and receive calls but I'm heading into day 2 and my husband is at work so I can't call the 1866 number. I have sent off an email... but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and how it was resolved. My biggest issue is as I made this switch my work now can't call me and I'm in the process of looking for a new job and had given this number out before I knew there was a calling issue... If anyone has some wisdom it would be greatly appreciated. However I should let you know I have already done trouble shooting with Apple online, I have reset my mobile network settings, cleared my phone, taken the sim out and put it back... even tried a hard reset before I realized it was a "number not in service" issue.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Pauline,

If an Apple representative already guided you through the troubleshooting steps (http://koo.do/1Bf3grB) and if you already added a talk booster (http://koo.do/1RuY1i1) and still can't make calls, I would recommend giving us a call from another phone for immediate assistance. A live discussion with our Technical Support is the best way to handle the nature of this situation in order to help you fix this.

You can dial *611 from a Koodo phone or 1-866-995-6636 free of charge from a landline.

Our hours of operation are: Monday to Friday: [b]9am - 9pm
Saturday & Sunday: [b]9am - 7pm
We look forward to assisting you!

So it was resolved - took til last night to get sorted out. It was not a SIM issue - it had to do with the towers and what my phone was receiving from them and what they were receiving back. We ended up submitting a ticket to get it resolved to have a tech go out to the tower and take a look. So anyone with the same issue - I strongly encourage finding a phone to call from and giving them a call - I also advise that when calling to not be in a rush anywhere as it's a long wait to get through to a rep and the trouble shooting involves call backs to and from them. So whoever's phone you're using make sure they're aware you're commandeering it for the next hour or so.

:)