Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't send or receive pictures

So I have an iPhone 5 and I cannot send or receive pictures, even tho it is covered by my base plan. It worked the last few days and stopped working yesterday night.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Sheila wrote:

Do you have a data block on?

good point!
Userlevel 6
Sheila wrote:

I don't think koodo offers that on prepaid, which this guy is on.
Userlevel 4
Userlevel 4
Matthew wrote:

Do you have mobile data turned on? Go to settings > Cellular > turn on Cellular data. Picture...

Don't know why but that seems to be the cure all, every single time!! Glad it worked out for you!
Matthew wrote:

Do you have mobile data turned on? Go to settings > Cellular > turn on Cellular data. Picture...

Hey so I restarted the phone, didn't work, then turned it off, took out the SIM card and put that back in and then I got all pictures. Thank you for your help!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Matthew wrote:

Hey Luka, You can try to reset the network settings on your iPhone 5 by following these steps: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Your iPhone will automatically reboot. Make sure you insert the WiFi passwords of any network you had access to as resetting network settings will delete saved WiFi passwords. Please keep in mind that Cellular Data must be enabled to send and received picture messages (unless you use iMessage which works over WiFi). If your iPhone 5 is not from Koodo, please click on this link: http://koo.do/1bIgiDl to configure data. You can give us a call at 1-866-995-6636 from a landline if you still need help. Our hours of operation are: Monday – Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm Hope this helps! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Matthew wrote:

I can't send or receive them
Matthew wrote:

Yes, I haven't changed anything it just stopped working
Userlevel 1
Matthew wrote:

If you can't send go under settings turn date on Make sure you clare running apps in back round this will help speed your phone up here app will help you clean masters this kill any application running in the background
Userlevel 4
Matthew wrote:

Unless of course you're sending a picture to another iphone through Wifi. Apples iMessage (iPhone to iPhone messaging) can run through Wifi connections, so Mobile data doesn't need to be turned on. If of course you're sending pictures to a phone that ISN'T an iPhone, you will need Mobile Data turned on for them to go through.
Userlevel 4
Do you have mobile data turned on? Go to settings > Cellular > turn on Cellular data. Pictures need Mobile data turned on(even if you have no data on your plan) for them to go through.