Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't send international texts but can receive?

I can't send international texts anymore? I have the iphone 4, I used to be able to in the first week of the plan, then afterwards I can receive but can't send texts.

23 replies

To which country are you trying to send ? What happens whe you try to send , does it say "sent" ?
Userlevel 1
Get it solved ! wrote:

To which country are you trying to send ? What happens whe you try to send , does it say "sent" ?

See supported countries/companies here: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-code-do-i-use-for-international-texts
Get it solved ! wrote:

Australia, It used to work, nothing changed ,then a week later the receiver wouldn't be able to receive.
Get it solved ! wrote:

and yes it says sent.
Get it solved ! wrote:

Koodo do have SMS agreement with the following provider in Australia hutchison , optus, telstra vodafone. As i see the problem is not on your side since it used to work fine. i think that the best option is to call koodo Tech support and they will check all that .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since your using the iPhone, is the Australian is using an iphone too? If so are your sending SMS (text message) or an iMessage (this uses data/wifi)? They issues could be on your friend's side as well
Yeah we're both using iphones, we've tried sending both imsgs and then turning it off to send normal texts, the friend can send , and i can receive , but i can't send.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kenny Wong wrote:

Yeah we're both using iphones, we've tried sending both imsgs and then turning it off to send nor...

or maybe they cant receive
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kenny Wong wrote:

Yeah we're both using iphones, we've tried sending both imsgs and then turning it off to send nor...

I would investigate on both ends until Koodo Tech support can provide an answer. Does both SMS & MMS fail?
Kenny Wong wrote:

Possibly , the other end has also contacted tech support.
Userlevel 1
Kenny Wong wrote:

Did send an intl SMS to differet country lately, are adding (+1) when sending, or are you using contacts, can send local messages?
Kenny Wong wrote:

Nah haven't tried another country, yes adding the international prefix, and yes contacts, and yes can send local.
Userlevel 1
Kenny Wong wrote:

Call Tech Support 1-866-995-6636 X6 to troubleshoot Network and open intl SMS Ticket report.
Kenny Wong wrote:

That what i said in the begining !
Userlevel 1
Kenny Wong wrote:

I just confirmed Tech support number and he has to call from different line
We've tried calling tech support , and all they've told me to do is to add the country code, which i have tried numerous times. I've tried texting 3-4 different numbers from Aus, and none of them receive my texts. Any clue?
this has happened to me before. and it is the fourth time it is happening now. I'm really upset because the last time I called tech support, it took them a week to fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
fayebe wrote:

this has happened to me before. and it is the fourth time it is happening now. I'm really upset b...

If this is a tech support issue that can only be fixed on their end I'm afraid you have to go through them. The Only thing you can do is ensure you enter your friend's full international contact number and that they are with a supported country/carrier
fayebe wrote:

this has happened to me before. and it is the fourth time it is happening now. I'm really upset b...

Thanks for your reply. This is what I did before as well. I was told a few times that it is not Koodo's issue and that they will try to fix it. I was given a ticket number and was told to wait for their call. It took them about a week to resolve this issue. I hope they'll understand that I don't really want to waste that much time again. Since this is not the first time it happened and that I am not the only one who experienced this, I really hope that Koodo will find solutions to permanently fix this problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
fayebe wrote:

Did they explain what the issue was when they solved it or did it just fix itself a week later?
fayebe wrote:

They did not explain what the issue was. They only told me that it was resolved and that I should restart my phone by completely taking the battery and the simcard out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
fayebe wrote:

Keep doing what you did before. Maybe ask for an explanation since it is continuing to occur
Userlevel 1
Sometimes, when an international smser sends a message, their number in their contact changes on the phone and becomes an unsendable #. Happens to me often. You'll need to start a new sms thread on your phone and re-enter the number starting with 011. That is, if this isn't an issue on Koodo's end.