Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't remove Data Block w/ Pic Msg add-in | Also charged 10$ for a 5 minute conversation with Koodo?

I added the Data Block w/ Pic Msg earlier this week and it now has blocked out all my data from my new bill cycle. I'd like to remove it in general, but keep getting an error message saying
"An error occured. Please refresh page."

Secondly, I added this Data Block w/ Pic Msg via a phone conversation and now get a message saying I'll be charged 10$ extra on my account. My point of adding this add-on was to eliminate surcharges, and now I'm getting surcharged for a typical, simple 5 minute service?! Why was I not informed of a 10$ charge for getting help by phone?! Erroneous.

Ontario Canada - Iphone5

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmmmm....not sure what happened Justin but will track it down. We have always had certain service fees to make changes to your account that customers can do themselves. We detail this on every invoice of ours and it is also listed on our website under 'Contact Us' section. When customers call in our a message is also played to inform them about this. I'm looking at your account and the rep should have also mention that if she is the one that adds the service to your account a service fee applies. We'll listen to the call, but do you recall her mentioning it? I see the feature was added just a couple of days ago and you now want to remove it?  You may want to consider our new plans that come in with built in shock'free-data. It will give you peace of mind by stopping data use when you reach your allotment.  It maybe more advantageous than the use of data block. I hope this helps to provide some context. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/datacalculator?INTCMP=KMNew_ChooseHappy_ShockfreeTab_LearnMore
Bernard wrote:

Hmmmm....not sure what happened Justin but will track it down. We have always had certain service...

Thanks for the reply... I don't recall hearing about the 10$ charge, but I guess I'll deal with it. As for changing my plan, I'd rather keep it as is considering I will soon have access to wifi 90% of my day... That said, I still can't remove the Data block add-on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Hmmmm....not sure what happened Justin but will track it down. We have always had certain service...

I will help with that. Could you actually take a screenshot of the error message so we can have some take a closer look? Thanks Justin!
Bernard wrote:

Great thanks. Here's the screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Done Justin. It's removed.