Koodo Community
Solved

Can’t place order billing address error

Userlevel 3
So ever since the iPhones were announced I’ve been trying to order the iPhone xs max 256gb from koodo the pre order would not work it said “whoops there’s been a problem with the credit card you’ve provided to place an order you must have a valid Canadian credit card with the billing address matching the same with my card issuer” which my billing address has been the same on all of my accounts for years anyways I called koodo and they troubleshot with me for weeks they thought they figured it out and I kept trying but nothing worked they told me to try contacting my credit card company to verify everything on their end was fine which it was and I’ve used that credit card with koodo for my pre authorized payments every month for years without a problem the only time I run into the issue is when I try placing an order... they were stunped they offered to send me the phone but would charge my next bill the value of the phone which didn’t work for me because I need the purchase on my credit card (so I get my 2 year warranty on electronics) they told me to go to the koodo store which the koodo store is not carrying the iPhone xs max 256gb then I was told to go to wow mobile or Best Buy to get it all of the stores in my area are not carrying it..... so I’m not sure how I’m going to get this phone I’ve never had such a hard time just buying a phone, anyone have any suggestions or if they’ve experienced the same error and how it was fixed? Thanks
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 6 October 2018, 20:47

There have been a few recent posts about credit cards suddenly clanking with billing address errors here.

Give the Apple.ca site a shot. They list their own store inventory by postal code and will ship within a few days.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There have been a few recent posts about credit cards suddenly clanking with billing address errors here.

Give the Apple.ca site a shot. They list their own store inventory by postal code and will ship within a few days.
Userlevel 3

As much as I’d love to do that I have a credit of $200 for upgrading with koodo so I need to upgrade with them or an affiliate
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Luke Michael Lindsay Have you checked with your credit card company? what did they say. Was there any limit on credit authorization? Some credit card company limited it to hundreds and customers have to call in and check. Also make sure you have enough money in the credit card at the time of purchase.
Userlevel 3
@Luke Michael Lindsay Have you checked with your credit card company? what did they say. Was there any limit on credit authorization? Some credit card company limited it to hundreds and customers have to call in and check. Also make sure you have enough money in the credit card at the time of purchase.
Yes koodo told me to call them which I did they said my billing address is the same and I have a limit of $3500 and at the time I had a positive credit on my account they said it’s definitly not on their end I’m able to make purchases anywhere else and even my koodo pre authorized bill every month just not for ordering this iPhone from them
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

se.
Yes koodo told me to call them which I did they said my billing address is the same and I have a limit of $3500 and at the time I had a positive credit on my account they said it’s definitly not on their end I’m able to make purchases anywhere else and even my koodo pre authorized bill every month just not for ordering this iPhone from them

You also mentioned about the option that Koodo sent the bill to you and you pay it later. Have you talked to the credit card company? They might approve it, as you purchase the device and pay all applicable tax with the card later through an invoice.
Userlevel 3

se.
You also mentioned about the option that Koodo sent the bill to you and you pay it later. Have you talked to the credit card company? They might approve it, as you purchase the device and pay all applicable tax with the card later through an invoice.

Yes the payment will work through my credit card if they send it via a bill but koodo won’t send me a recipt for the phone with my credit card on it so it won’t count for any extended warranty it will just show I payed a very expensive phone bill instead of buying a phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes the payment will work through my credit card if they send it via a bill but koodo won’t send me a recipt for the phone with my credit card on it so it won’t count for any extended warranty it will just show I payed a very expensive phone bill instead of buying a phone

Eh, let's break that down. Koodo will send you an invoice, in the invoice there will be an item for the phone with the IMEI and with Tax. Is this correct?

You then will pay the invoice (with your rateplan and other + phone) through the credit card. Koodo will have receipt in the online system. Your credit card also had an item for it in the statement. Is this correct?

If so, you could bring up to the credit card company and ask them. Several years ago a bought a phone through a carrier like that, credit insurance worked fine.
Userlevel 3

Eh, let's break that down. Koodo will send you an invoice, in the invoice there will be an item for the phone with the IMEI and with Tax. Is this correct?

You then will pay the invoice (with your rateplan and other) through the credit card. Koodo will have receipt in the online system. Your credit card also had an item for it in the statement. Is this correct?

If so, you could bring up to the credit card company and ask them. Several years ago a bought a phone through a carrier like that, credit insurance worked fine.

No that is not correct there will be no invoice with the phone on my bill it will just my a phone bill for the value of the phone it will show no phone or imei or serial it will show that my phone bill was $1500+ but not show a phone..... see my problem it won’t work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Luke Michael Lindsay : I am not really sure if that was the case with Koodo, they couldn't give out a phone amount like that. they need a record for themself somewhere, or you cannot have even warranty with Koodo.
Userlevel 3
@Luke Michael Lindsay : I am not really sure if that was the case with Koodo, they couldn't give out a phone amount like that. they need a record for themself somewhere, or you cannot have even warranty with Koodo.
I’m just telling you what I was told they said they will ship me the phone on the back end and change my next bill to the value of the phone but said I will not get a recipt it will only show that I payed my bill anyways any other suggestions
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

any other suggestions

Well, try a different card, if possible.