Koodo Community

Community

can't get SMS notification from coinbase

can't get SMS notification from coinbase? Are text messages from this provider not available? Has this been blocked purposefully by Koodo? 

Below is a FAQ referenece indicating that the Cell-phone carier may be blocking the SMS messages. 

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2488794-troubleshooting-2-factor-authentica...

If you've tried to login several times and still have not received the codes, our system may temporarily stop sending the codes as a security measure. After 24 hours we will resume sending codes via SMS message. If you've already waited 24 hours and are still not receiving the codes, check with your phone carrier to see if they are blocking our SMS messages.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Works just fine. Did you maybe input your number wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Smells like spam, Allan.

Ranjan wrote:

Smells like spam, Allan.

Ranjan

I want a professional response. Not this. I have a legitimite question. Don't respond with a.gif. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Smells like spam, Allan.

My bad Ryan - the way your original post was framed made me suspect that it was spam, and not a legitimate issue/question. (we see some of that on here from time to time) I don't see any open tickets for similar issues, so will need to investigate internally to see if this is indeed an issue on our end or not. However, given that Allan was able to successfully get the notification, I'm thinking it may be a device settings or sender issue.
Will reach out to see if I can get more info. from our tech folks. 
Allan

I've re-entered the the phone number. and there team has confirmed they've sent the text again and again to the right number.

Below is their response
==============================================================
Hi there,
Thanks for contacting Coinbase support, and sorry for the difficulty accessing your account. We definitely want to get you access to your account as quickly as possible.
I’ve taken a look at your account, and can confirm that we have been sending text messages to your phone number with the security codes. If you are not receiving them this could be caused by a number of issues:
  1. Make sure your service has an SMS plan. (If you receive SMS messages from other people, it probably does.)
  2. Please try rebooting your device before attempting the process again.
  3. Make sure you have adequate reception.
  4. Make sure your phone’s inbox is not full and not allowing more messages to arrive.
  5. Please call your provider and make sure you do not have a ‘spam’ or ‘shortcode’ filter enabled. Some providers will enable these without your knowledge.
IS THIS BEING BLOCKED BY KODOO? 
Userlevel 7
Ryan Yanch wrote:

Allan

I've re-entered the the phone number. and there team has confirmed they've sent the text a...

If Allan's response was from coinbase then it shows that it isn't being blocked. Perhaps just shut down the phone, remove the sim card for 5 minutes then reinsert it and try again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ryan Yanch wrote:

Allan

I've re-entered the the phone number. and there team has confirmed they've sent the text a...

Which phone are you using? I would double check if there was a block of the coinbase number on the phone. It is easy to accidentally enable blocking text from a number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Ryan - so I had our team look into your account, and it would seem the messages are being received by the system without issue and are being pushed through to your phone, meaning there's likely a setting or phone issue that's preventing them from reaching you.

As Azure123 recommended above, can you checked your blocked contacts to ensure the short code didn't make it into that list somehow? you can go to Settings > Messages > Blocked, and see all (if any) numbers that are restricted from contacting you. 
If you do see the short code listed, click the edit button at the top right, and follow the steps to unblock.

Let us know if that helps.
Coinbase I was receiving text sms when i didn't have money in my account. I had no issues. I put $10 on my account. The next day I was not getting sms code. Took my money and can't access to my account. I will be talking to my bank and consumer protection about this. locking peoples account. I am just glad I didn't put my life saving here. My account is verify and has bank account attached to the account. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ANDRIOS & IOS wrote:

Coinbase I was receiving text sms when i didn't have money in my account. I had no issues. I put ...

Are you suggesting this is a coinbase problem or Koodo problem because to me it sounds like a coinbase problem.