Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't connect to apple App Store, ip6

Just got the new iPhone 6, I can connect to the internet without problems but when I launch the App Store I get a "cannot connect to the apple store" message. Any idea how to fix this?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
A factory reset should fix this issue. WARNING: FACTORY RESETS DELETE EVERYTHING OFF OF YOUR DEVICE, INCLUDING PICTURES, CONTACTS AND MESSAGES. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED OFF THE PHONE BEFORE DOING THIS.... Go to settings > General > Reset(at the bottom of the menu) > Erase All Content and Settings. This will take a couple of minutes, so be patient. When its all said and done, the phone will act like its being turned on for the first time. Go through the phone setup, and it will take you to your home screen. Press the App store button and see if it works. If it doesn't, your best bet is to either return the device and get a new one, or give Apple a call and see if they'll replace it. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Kate. I don't know why your appstore doesn't work. Did you block data for the appstore maybe? Have you tried accessing it through wifi?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have placed your apple ID in the Settings> iTunes & App Store setting?