Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't change voicemail password on iPhone 6

Userlevel 1
When I first set up my iPhone 6 voicemail the iPhone stored the password and entered it automatically for me. I tried to change the password on the iPhone via Settings\Phone\Change Voicemail Password. I entered a new password, tapped Done, re-entered the password, tapped Done again. At this point the iPhone said "Saving Password" and nothing else happened. How do I change the password so that the iPhone 6 saves it? I tried resetting my password via Koodo Self-Serve (which worked). I shutdown the iPhone and restarted it, made a call, received a call, called Koodo voicemail and manually entered the password (which worked), called Koodo voicemail and changed the password via the voice prompts and numeric phone keypad (which worked), turned on airplane mode -waited 20 seconds then turned it off, reset Network Settings on the iPhone, turned off wifi, disabled iPhone cellular calls -a setting that allows me to access the iPhone for SMS from my iPad, powered down and restarted the iPhone many times while trying these steps, and I still cannot get the iPhone 6 to save the voicemail password. It always ends with the message "Saving Password" that remains on screen until I press the home button. My signal is strong and I have cell data because I can browse the web and play web games with the wifi disabled. I searched the web and this forum. All instructions/advice that I found on the web pertained to a specific carrier. I found nothing about the iPhone 6 in general to help me. I also searched the telus website. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to try next?

4 replies

Badge +4
I forwarded this question to the higher ups and I've been told that in order for you to save the password, you need to have the visual voicemail add on. If you don't have visual voicemail, this apparently prevents the device from saving the new password. Add-ons (see Visual Voicemail (iPhone)) https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html Edit: Your best to go with Nabil's suggestion, let us know the outcome.
Userlevel 5
Hi there, That’s odd! We would recommend to call one of our techs by dialing 1-866-995-6636 (option #6) from a landline in order to have your phone available for a complete troubleshooting. We probably need to completely remove/reinstall the Voicemail from your account 😉. Thanks ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
reset voicemail password from iPhone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
wilson1987 wrote:

[url=http://www.leawo.org/tutorial/how-to-change-or-reset-iphone-voicemail-password.html]reset vo...

1) Youre commenting on a two year old thread that has been marked as answered already 2) Everything that was suggested in your comment had already been suggested above 3) Youre suggestion was a fix wasn't even one for Koodo, it was for Verizon Although we appreciate your comment please stick to newer threads that haven't been answered yet and make sure you don't give information that has already been given or is misleading.