Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use my own iPhone 5 on Koodo Pre-Paid plans?

If I buy an unlocked iPhone 5, would I be able to use it for the pre-paid plans? And would there be any additional charges for using your own phone? Thank you for your time.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can use it for the pre-paid plans. You will need to go to a kiosk and purchase a pre-paid sim card for $20
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Yes you can use it for the pre-paid plans. You will need to go to a kiosk and purchase a pre-p...

That $20 card includes a $20 airtime credit for new prepaid activations, so the card is essentially free.
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Yes you can use it for the pre-paid plans. You will need to go to a kiosk and purchase a pre-p...

Tommy, Ivan's right and please put the emphasis on the words "new activation". If you get a replacement SIM because yours broke or whatever reason, and add it to an existing account, there will be no $20 credit.
If you buy an unlocked Iphone and decide to go on post paid, you get 10% your monthly bill for bringing in your own phone! Just something to think about aswell 😛
first of all yes you can you get 10% off your monthly bill heres a link to some more info http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo.shtml
I thought iPhones use different sim cards than most phones... are all SIM cards available? I have an iPhone 4 unlocked and am considering switching...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

I thought iPhones use different sim cards than most phones... are all SIM cards available? I have...

Hi Ben, The iphone 4 uses a micro sim card, while an iphone 5 uses a nano sim card. Koodo has both sizes for use as they sell both of these phones
Ben Rolleman wrote:

I thought iPhones use different sim cards than most phones... are all SIM cards available? I have...

I just tried to hook it up and it says no service !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Make sure you have 3G turned on
Ben Rolleman wrote:

How do I get into that isn't this larger than 3G?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Settings>General>Networks then enable 3G
Ben Rolleman wrote:

I went into cellular and everything is on and it still doesn't work
Ben Rolleman wrote:

I don't even have a place where I can select that option
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Like the networks thing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Try Setting>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings Note: If you have any wifi passwords saved this will delete it
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Nothing yet still says no service I had to re enter the password for wifi though
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Are you sure your sim card is working and active? Is this an iPhone 4 or 5? iOS7 right?
Ben Rolleman wrote:

iPhone 5 and yes it gave me a phone number and says active
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Is it a Koodo iPhone or from another carrier? If its from another carrier is it unlocked?
Userlevel 7
Ben Rolleman wrote:

yep and make sure to update carrier settings
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Userlevel 7
Ben Rolleman wrote:

It could be a faulty sim maybe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Let's do a Hard Reset. Hold the home and power buttons at the same time. Only let go when you see the Apple logo after it resets. Dont worry you wont lose any data
Ben Rolleman wrote:

Ahh didn't work again lol my luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Rolleman wrote:

That's all we could so with the phone right now. I think it's the sim card like Daniel said. Test the sim card on another phone or go to Koodo to see if they can put another sim card in to see if it works. If it's not the sim card then you need to call tech support to see if they can help you